Lego Worlds Topic - [Out of Early Access Now!]

Author Topic: Lego Worlds Topic - [Out of Early Access Now!]  (Read 8253 times)

molds definitely are expensive to create, not so sure about maintaining them

I remember seeing something about the main production plant and that it was fairly small but completely automated
and in terms of size of a factory I wouldn't really call it huge, it's just pumping out a ton of bricks constantly

molds definitely are expensive to create, not so sure about maintaining them
They have to constantly be switched out, both to meet demand (replace one brick mould with that of a brick that's more required), and to increase lifespan by giving some moulds a couple days/weeks rest.

I remember seeing something about the main production plant and that it was fairly small but completely automated
Most of the operations in the factories are automated, but these factories are HUGE. They need space to store all of the plastic (in giant round containers), the finished bricks and the mould machines (similar to the coke bottle, the long conveyor belts are designed to help cool down the bricks and give them time to seal correctly).

and in terms of size of a factory I wouldn't really call it huge, it's just pumping out a ton of bricks constantly
When you actually go see one of these things in person, then try and say that again.

The game's quite buggy just release it out of early access when you've completed the bugs I mean Jesus it's not that hard.

I mean Jesus it's not that hard.
Yes, it is.

Funding the development team to continue working on the game will only happen if the game is making a profit. To drive an extremely necessary boost in sales, they pushed the game live with a front page promotion. Had they not, the team would have been pulled and sent to other game projects, and Worlds would have been a total mess forever.

It sucks that the bugs exist, but this step is necessary towards reaching a solid product.

EDIT: Besides, no guarantee they could find them all. You'd be surprised how many technical faults or gameplay glitches only occur on very specific system setups or playstyles. Hell, because LEGO Worlds has a random world generator, it makes tracking bugs really goddam difficult as there might be a problem which only exists with a specific world seed.

There's no guarentee that QA caught everything, and everything which QA caught which hasn't been fixed needs additional funds.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:20:57 AM by McJob »

dang this update is pretty damn good compared to what it was before

every session i expected to play it for maybe up to an hour but i always ended up being suprised when about 3 hours passed which ain't too bad considering i could only stand around 20 minutes of the old lego worlds at a time
but maybe that'll change when i get to master builder and stop caring about certain things idk

speaking of does anyone know what the whole "create a world" option you get when you get to master builder does exactly yet like can you choose the biome and size of a generated world or like is it a blank slate or what

playing the game single player was stable for the most part, multiplayer not so much.

the chest light beams would show up even though chests were already explored.
Quests would remain as a green marker even after completing them.
screen randomly fades black.
NPCs wouldn't follow you when you're doing a quest for them.
sometimes the quest requirements wouldn't even need to be fulfilled for the quest to be done, sometimes none at all meaning random npcs would come up to you and give you items and money

i play single player and its really fun

I'm lucky if I can get 20fps in this but frig it i'm reinstalling to see this

i havent played this in like two years is it worth reinstalling

-snip-
Well the only change in profit that would occur is some people would think it's a stable game if it's not early access then buy it, some will then refund because it's too buggy, they should've delayed the early access removal to way later, then they can iron out most bugs and call it a full game.

By the way thanks for not tearing me a new one.

speaking of does anyone know what the whole "create a world" option you get when you get to master builder does exactly yet like can you choose the biome and size of a generated world or like is it a blank slate or what
i found out by finding a random person's video and yea my first answer was loving spot on
there's also "custom" versions of biomes but i have no idea what you can change about them yet

heck yes i'm way more motivated to get the 16 more gold bricks i need now too bad my collection rate has seemed to slow down to a halt aaaaa

i also found a golden dragon atop a golden cloud in a mountain themed biome and chased it for like 5 minutes to kill it enough to tame it and unlock it i am so proud it and it costs a million studs holy moly
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:56:10 AM by gr8dayseth »

Well the only change in profit that would occur is some people would think it's a stable game if it's not early access then buy it, some will then refund because it's too buggy, they should've delayed the early access removal to way later, then they can iron out most bugs and call it a full game.
I believe you've got a very young understanding of the market, mate.

You might not know this, but visibility is everything. How many people do you really believe actively go out of their way to browse through Steam's catalogue of games, especially those that have been release for a long time and don't appear under the "New" or "Top" lists on the front page? Why do you think developers scramble over each other to get their games dumped in the next bundle at significantly reduced prices?

Even if you promote your arse out with YouTube trailers, Twitch streams, digital/physical advertising and so forth, there's no guarantees that'll have any impact. You need to hit your audience right in the goolies when they've got a full wallet and they're just waiting to spend some cash. "New Release" and "Out of Early Access" sounds better than other labels, and it keeps parity with the console versions (PC players could think they're getting an inferior version if it's not called a full release). It also gives you a reason you can use to convince Valve why they should accept your money to put you on the front page, driving the sales.

I really doubt refunds are going to be as much as you think, and not as many people care for bugs as you would think. The only people who are pissed are the Early Access players who are stupid enough to need a Creative Mode since they can't fathom that a game needs a sense of progression, and by now their refund time is up.