Author Topic: My review of the Blockland.  (Read 7235 times)

I pretty much never expected it to be this good, When i First came here, I expected it to be full of flames and crap, And Numerous threads being titles "ROBLOX SUX" And stuff, My expectations were wrong, But then again, alot of things are wrong, Well, On to the review.

A FEW of the people here weren't total ass hats who hate ROBLOX just because it doesnt have the same stuff as Blockland, Like The Environments, And the Better looking Characters. But meh Im one of those people who look for fun, Not looks in games, So you can say Im a Nintentard.

Though Of course, I DID see the occasional ass hat that kept saying that ROBLOX sucks because of the lag, Guess what, I Don't care, Just because the game has more lag doesnt mean it sucks, It just means your computer doesnt run it well.

Then i saw that a few of you Actually have played ROBLOX, And have said it sucks, At least tell me 5 good reasons it sucks, And DO NOT say because of Lag And the way stuff looks, BLockland And ROBLOX are different because they were made during different times and the hardware used is different, For example, My computer can run a plac with like, 10K Bricks in ROBLOX, NOBODY besides the admins can run that. The Bricks in ROBLOX take too much detail, And if you do not have a good graphics card AND if your computer is slow, ROBLOX isnt a game for you.

Although Blockland may have a lot of teens, I actually like the community, Since most of them can spell correctly.

Overall, I rate Blockland 6/10,
Mostly because of the hate for ROBLOX, You guys just need to learn to Deal with the random kids and the lag, I do, I learned to live with all the crap, Other games have them. Also, This Blockland Vs. ROBLOX thing should never have started, Everyone, Take my Advice, And stop spamming the forums of ROBLOX, and If any Robloxians come here, try telling me their usernames they used, I'll be sure to tell Builderman to give them a 3 day ban or something.

The title makes it sound like a vortigaunt from Half Life 2 is speaking it. Lolwtf

The title makes it sound like a vortigaunt from Half Life 2 is speaking it. Lolwtf
I know, Too serious, Even for me.

What I found funny is how you said everything bad about ROBLOX, and continued to say how blockland doesn't have those issues, doesn't that make it a better game?

Edit: I'm not saying it's a completely crappy game, and I most certainly do not hate it, but once I find a better game, I usually play it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:10:20 PM by Panterra8905 »

What I found funny is how you said everything bad about ROBLOX, and continued to say how blockland doesn't have those issues, doesn't that make it a better game?
Well, Please take in mind that ROBLOX isnt even version 1 yet, And Blockland is already version 9, So ROBLOX CAN have surprises ever 2-3 weeks.

Not meaning to sound like an ass or anything, but Roblox has been out since 2005 and isn't even in V1?
I've had 280k bricks on blockland with no lag.  10k is nothing...
That is because Blockland came out before ROBLOX, ROBLOX is particularly new, So anything before 2005 can barely run ROBLOX.

That is because Blockland came out before ROBLOX, ROBLOX is particularly new, So anything before 2005 can barely run ROBLOX.
According to wikipedia: Blockland came out in February 2007, and Roblox came out in 2004...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:13:55 PM by Goron »

Well, Please take in mind that ROBLOX isnt even version 1 yet, And Blockland is already version 9, So ROBLOX CAN have surprises ever 2-3 weeks.
Well, best of luck to them I guess. I will not flame anyone who plays it, and I certainly wont visit the site again. After all, it is just a video game.

Not meaning to sound like an ass or anything, but Roblox has been out since 2005 and isn't even in V1?
I've had 280k bricks on blockland with no lag.  10k is nothing...
Nope, The game updates 2-3 weeks, instead of the usual Yearly updates, They want to surprise players with new things.

You toke off 4 points for the community. Legit reasons, please.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:23:54 PM by FlyGuy45 »

I toke off 4 points for the community. Legit reasons, please.
Not 4 points, Lol, I took off 2 points because of the community.

My BL rating: 9.5 My ROBLOX rating: 9.0 Because of the glitchy update system. (Without communitys) You see? I LIKE BOTH! I said it! Thanks, rawrman! You are a help to this community.

Thats not a legit review. Review the game, not the people. If you can find flaws then take points away. Right now, it seems that you are saying "I tried your game, but you all suck so I toke away points, but lets not flame."

If you can play Blockland, on a decent server, with many things on it and then find flaws you just made a good review. Right now it seems you are just trying to keep peace, but thats not a review. ;-P

Also, why the hell did I write "I toke" instead of "You toke"? xD

I'll rewrite the review once my sister find my credit card AND when im not lazy.

5 reasons why roblox sucks:
1) community of 5-9 year olds who cant spell for crap and have fun by destroying all your bricks
2) can destroy anyones bricks, yey for builds dissapearing.
3) glitchy, unresponsive controls
4) when you walk down stairs you fall and glitch through stuff.
5) went overboard with the whole "kid friendly" stuff
or
6) hardly any minifig customization
7) shirts could easily be stolen, cant make hats
8) lag. You cant run from it forever, you know.
9) the only place to get good building done is in singleplayer, which ruins the point.
10) Crazy dev team that thinks Lua is the only good thing about their games, and I quote
Quote from: some roblox dev
The one thing Roblox will always have over blockland: LUA
sauce: great games experiment

I gave 10 reasons. Wheres my prize.(one or two might only be half reasons however.)

The controls arent that ba, If your using the Arrows, Then yes they suck