Author Topic: Coat Modeling and/or Scripting Help  (Read 13623 times)

Hello, currently I am trying to find a way to design/get a trench coat item that has a mini inventory that can store 1 item.
But I'm not sure how to pull it off. I don't know how to make custom codes (I can hardly edit existing codes.) And I'm not great at modeling in milkshape. (I can't model at all in blender...) So I'm asking for anyone to provide advice on making it. Or if anyone actually wants to they can model one for me! (but I bet no one will want to do all that effort.) Anything helps!

^Rough sketch of what I'm trying to do^

item that has a mini inventory that can store 1 item
what do you mean by this?
like using it actually uses a different item?
or using it swaps your inventory to the alternate one/back?

Am guessing it increases your max slots by one is what he means.

i don't think you're able to do the extra slot thing without screwing up the playertypes
ex. if you're using a no-jet player, then switch to the new playertype with the extra slot, that one would have the regular jet

I think he means when you click on the trench coat you get a backpack-ish thing where you can store an extra item

I think he means when you click on the trench coat you get a backpack-ish thing where you can store an extra item

Yeah pretty much. something like the ISBackpack's inventory system...

i don't think you're able to do the extra slot thing without screwing up the playertypes
ex. if you're using a no-jet player, then switch to the new playertype with the extra slot, that one would have the regular jet

I was thinking something along the lines of:
Click to equip the coat.
Right click on the coat's inventory slot to open up a new mini inventory window.

You should hook ISBackpack instead of making your own entirely new system, since it's a waste of time and will cause compatibility issues

all you need to do is edit something like the backpack item and from there it's pretty simple

all you need to do is edit something like the backpack item and from there it's pretty simple

I'm sure I could try, but I doubt I would be successful. But it wouldn't hurt, I guess.

you can actually swap player inventory size real time as long as you call the correct functions on the client every time you do.

this overall seems like a neat concept and i might make it in the future. however it would be a great first mod if you are interested in learning how to mod.

id start with looking up old mods which sorta do what you want to do, eg seven slot playertype. you can find it on any rtb archive; atm the only working ones as far as i know are Blockland Glass, swollow's, and oRBS
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:09:12 PM by Conan »

this overall seems like a neat concept and i might make it in the future. however it would be a great first mod if you are interested in learning how to mod.

I'm sure it would... Even if I do a horrendous job, I'm sure as long as the concept stands, it would spark at-least one person's interest.

Alright everyone, so I'll try to tackle making the coat, what does everyone think, should I model it first? Or try writing the script? (The script will probably be very derivative of the IS System)

If anyone thinks I should start modeling the coat; Could someone send me a link to a Blockhead model/mannequin compatible for milkshape? That would be great.

I recommend making the model first, code seems more challenging.

Player model should be here: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=185575.0

Player model should be here: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=185575.0

Is it import-able to milkshape? (I'm unfamiliar with modeling & animating in blending.)