Author Topic: explain the cultural integration of the confederate battle flag  (Read 5611 times)

also doesn't mississippi still fly the stars n bars w/ the dixie flag included officially?
probably not a good comparison since they're considered the most tribal state in the union

The rebel flag like you assumed is used as a symbol of southern values and general wackyness. We take a weird sort of pride in hold my beer antics. It's a dukes of hazard wild child thing.
i actually agree with this 100%, i have never seen the confederate flag used as a hate symbol except by people who aren't from the south nor have ever lived there. the only people who see it as a hate symbol are those who don't know what it actually means in the context of the contemporary south.

it's not a fair assumption to say that this is every single case within the south, but there's a reason that when white nationalist etc groups adopt the confederate flag, it's usually combined with other nationalist symbols like the swastika.

source: lived in the south for a fair amount of time.

probably not a good comparison since they're considered the most tribal state in the union
thank god for mississippi

literally every southern state is stuff
florida, oklahoma, tennessee, georgia, louisiana, texas

all good states.

i actually agree with this 100%, i have never seen the confederate flag used as a hate symbol except by people who aren't from the south nor have ever lived there.

allow me to restate what i said in my post mere sentences later

it's not a fair assumption to say that this is every single case within the south,

i'm def not saying that there's no instances of hate fueled by the confederate flag or where the confed flag is used as a symbol of hate, just sayin most of the time ive seen the confed flag used is in a "GOD GUNS AND GLORY DONT TAKE MY GUNS AWAY JEESUS" kinda way

edit: forget im mind tilted and this whole thing im saying is loving handicapped mostly
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:20:19 AM by hot moms dot com »

If you drive around Texas you will occasionally see the confederate flag outside homes in rural areas, on oversized trucks, or tattooed on rednecks.

> any state south of Illinois

<anime girl>

i grew up in a rural town with farms scattered all over and the confederate flag is still flown on lifted trucks and at country music festivals. it represents their country/hick culture of drinking underage with their parents, hunting, working in farming/construction/other hard labor, 4x4'ing in the mud or dunes, and yelling "yee yee" for no loving reason among other things

honestly if people are flying the flag strictly to piss people off then wow good on them for being petty and all but i haven't met anyone who uses the flag solely for that reason

I just like the confederate flag because it's on the 1969 Dodge Charger from Dukes of Hazzard.

i grew up in a rural town with farms scattered all over and the confederate flag is still flown on lifted trucks and at country music festivals. it represents their country/hick culture of drinking underage with their parents, hunting, working in farming/construction/other hard labor, 4x4'ing in the mud or dunes, and yelling "yee yee" for no loving reason among other things

honestly if people are flying the flag strictly to piss people off then wow good on them for being petty and all but i haven't met anyone who uses the flag solely for that reason
I grew up in the same kind of setting but in my case most of those types of people (especially ones w Confederate flags) were tribal

lol what
The american government once supported and facilitated slavery. It's my choice to not fly it if I want to, and nobody should care about my choice either
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:40:45 PM by PhantOS »