E3/EA Play 2017 Megathread: 2 Weeks Remaining

Poll

Of the most commonly used, favourite 2017 emote?

0 (0%)
3 (4.9%)
9 (14.8%)
26 (42.6%)
1 (1.6%)
2 (3.3%)
7 (11.5%)
10 (16.4%)
2 (3.3%)
Something Different (Explain Below)
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: E3/EA Play 2017 Megathread: 2 Weeks Remaining  (Read 42173 times)

i don't remember which e3 sunset overdrive was in but did that game turn out to be any good?
i really liked the art style and stuff but i never got an xbox so i never got to play it.

but did that game turn out to be any good?
loving amazing, minus some little hitches here and there which they'll probably address for a sequel.

That did have a lot of online stuff but I enjoyed ignoring all of it.

Phil Spencer is making some interesting, if very frustrating, comments about big single player experiences and how they're probably on the decline from the market. Expect this to come into play when we see the Xbox One Scorpio games lineup.
How did I know that the subscription service would pop up while I skimmed through.

Like, Horizon was only a best seller, and most people already have a subscription anyway to play the other games they have. Of course people aren't going to buy a subscription to play single player games. But I only know like, one person who only ever plays one game, and even that one person played Horizon.

If they're concerned about the impact of single player games, and want to bring up the subscription service, then why not give people a discount on single player games if they have a subscription? Ah yes, then people would have to download all their games. Well maybe that wouldn't be an issue if they'd just let people upgrade their storage as they pleased.

sunset overdrive was super fun and nice to look at. i never did the online stuff either, though.

bethesda themed theme park because making videogames is too hard :)

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2017/04/oculus-e3-2017-appearance/

Oculus won't be showing. This comes after news of Palmer Lucky leaving the company. Has Facebook put their stock in the right industry?

Turns out that background art for Bethesdaland isn't just for show, and might be hinting at what's to come.

[img ]https://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/bethesda-e3-showcase-bethesdaland-teaser-711x600.jpg.optimal.jpg[/img]

If that top area doesn't end up being a hint toward a new (actual) Elder Scrolls game, I'll be pretty sad.

more dragon games or riot

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/4/15542356/e3-2017-coliseum-panels-geoff-keighley

Every year, the main conferences that we watch on the stream happen on the two/three days before the actual E3 floor show opens. The only company to have their "presentation" at that point is Nintendo, with their Direct video. For most people, this is when you go back to your normal life as all the big announcements have been made, and any remaining trailers will trickle through.

It's different this year.

For the 2 or 3 days after the other presentations have finished, this year will feature E3 Coliseum, hosted by Geoff Keighley (the Dorito Pope), a collection of presentations and panels with studios like Activision, Bethesda, Gearbox, Sony, Square Enix, Ubisoft, Warner Bros and Xbox. It's designed to be a more serious look behind the announcements, as E3 has stated there will also be panels from “celebrated talent from the film, TV, music and other entertainment industries who will speak about the cultural significance of gaming and how this incredible medium has influenced their work.”

I will be making sure the CyTube runs for the full length of Coliseum, although I consider the Nintendo Direct a priority if that occurs at the same time. Similarly, if the PC Gaming Show intersects one of the actual good presentations, we'll be swapping over as I don't have the time and patience for that.

EDIT: Also finally updated the question in the OP.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:19:54 PM by McJob »

I'll update the OP with the finished timetable when we get details from Ubisoft, Nintendo and E3.

The E3 Discord is going under some significant changes now; you can join via this link:

https://discord.gg/MwatgdX

I'm currently working on the bot and there's some other changes also happening.

i don't remember which e3 sunset overdrive was in but did that game turn out to be any good?
i really liked the art style and stuff but i never got an xbox so i never got to play it.

Theres not alot to do outside of the main story and the missions aren't great. There are some time trials turret defense stuff but all in all it's pretty empty. Also the characters are complete cringe. 6/10

Confirmed games list so far: https://pvplive.net/c/e3-2017-all-of-the-confirmed-games

• Battlefield 1: In the Name of the Tsar expansion (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
  • Call of Duty: WWII (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
  • FIFA 18 (Switch, Xbox One, PS4, TBA)
  • Madden NFL 18 (Xbox One, PS4, TBA)
  • NBA Live 18  (PS4, Xbox One, TBA )
  • New Need for Speed  (Xbox One, PS4, TBA)
  • Splatoon 2  (Switch)
  • Star Wars Battlefront II (PS4, Xbox One PC)
  • State of Decay 2 (Xbox One, PC)
  • Super Mario Odyssey  (Switch)

I've been reading the rumours list. There's a lot more to come.