E3/EA Play 2017 Megathread: 2 Weeks Remaining

Poll

Of the most commonly used, favourite 2017 emote?

0 (0%)
3 (4.9%)
9 (14.8%)
26 (42.6%)
1 (1.6%)
2 (3.3%)
7 (11.5%)
10 (16.4%)
2 (3.3%)
Something Different (Explain Below)
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: E3/EA Play 2017 Megathread: 2 Weeks Remaining  (Read 42178 times)

• Splatoon 2  (Switch)
  • Super Mario Odyssey  (Switch)
Woo!

oh boy three new yearly sports game WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT this is going to TOTALLY REVOLUTIONIZE the way we play games right guys

people still buy a new one every year, for some reason

So that way they can keep up with the updated rosters, graphics (very slightly), mechanics (also very slightly), and so that they don't get left behind where they've got no one to play with anymore because everyone else moved onto the next game

is star wars battlefront 2 (the 2017 one) going to be as stuff as 1?

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SCALEBOUND THIs YEAR!!!!!!!

bethesda themed theme park because making videogames is too hard :)
I wouldn't want to go to a Bethesda themed theme park.
It'll be full of bugs. Who knows when the rollercoaster will start going backwards. Or you clip through the wall and fall for the rest of your life. Or you get clipped into the floor and start ragdoll spasming.

Right but why do they even need to be shown off? The people that will buy the new one will buy the new one. And they know it's coming because they happen every year.

#1: It's E3 Time
Finally, we've arrived. We've 4 weeks left to the big event. The news has been off the chain, and I'm working hard to get more regular updates of what's going on to you. I've updated the topic OP and I've been working on some stuff with the E3 Bot. We should be good to run pretty soon.

#2: Poll - Switch Sync Service?
The whole point of me putting this effort in is because E3 is a community event. It's best when groups of friends come together in small groups with a bucket of popcorn and gather to watch both the amazement and farce that is E3. Since most E3 shows happen at about 3AM/during working hours, it's inconvenient for my real friends to watch with me, so I instead want to connect with you peeps since every year that we've done it, it's been an amazing rollercoaster.

Because it's not about me, I want to give you guys and gals the option. Today I was introduced to a new service for syncing the stream, rabb.it. There's pros and cons in either's favour, and rather than have me make a catastrophic decision that could ruin everything, I want to put it into your hands.

PROS
CONS
CyTube
  • Video player is client-sided, reducing latency for everybody
  • Has server-sided emoticons for those who don't wish to download images
  • Fast to switch to a new video source
  • Allows pre-determined playlists to help automate switching to new video sources (good if all the mods have gone for a leak)
  • Better moderation tools
  • No native custom images for the text chat (need to talk to Gat or whoever to pinch their script from the BLF CyTube)
  • Voice chat must be routed through Discord or other services
  • Unless I get a custom server running, design will continue to be pretty archaic
rabb.it
  • Contains Voice/Video chat inbuilt
  • Text chat allows direct upload of images natively
  • Sleeker layout allows more space for the video player
  • Runs via a VM, meaning significant more latency for everybody
  • Can be opened so that anybody can access the VM, which can have disasterous consequences
  • Playlists would need to be manually created via YouTube and cannot be automated to play at a set time (must go through browser)

If you're a fan or hater of either of these, if you feel I've misrepresented either, or if you have another system which you feel would be a much better alternative, please weigh in. I want these events to be the absolute best they can be with as many people having a smooth experience. Twitch/YouTube chat is cancer, and many of you guys don't really have the ability to voice chat, so I want to provide a fun alternative that still has the group appeal.

#3: Emotes
In any case, we're still be going ahead with emotes for the Discord and a pack for whatever streaming sync service we choose. There are two types of emotes this year; 64x64 for static image emotes, and then 200px high gifs in landscape. The idea is that the static emotes can be used in conversation, whereas the gifs should be verbose enough that you can just post them by themselves, but that's not a strict rule.

I'm now accepting new emoticon suggestions, and I will be posting the final list within the week. I already have a selection of ones from previous years, as well as some new ones, but I'm always open.

Thank guys.

tbh madden doesnt even matter, they just need to bring back ncaa, stuff was so hype

just need to bring back ncaa, stuff was so hype
NCAA Football got the can when EA and NCAA got into a heavy legal dispute about which players were allowed to be in the game and not.

So, what's the good word?

• There's 2 unannounced Star Wars games which may popup in some capacity.
  • BioWare has been working on a "Destiny-like" for some time called Project: Dylan. It could be EA's mini-nuke against Bethesda and Ubisoft.
  • Put all money on Microsoft showing Red Dead Redemption 2 gameplay, given Microsoft has already promoted using game footage as part of a marketing campaign for the Scorpio in the weeks before E3. Halo 6's full reveal was all but outright denied by Phil Spenser, but expect at least a little tease, if not Halo Lady to come up and reaffirm their commitment to the fans.
  • Shinji Mikami’s Tango Gameworks have been hella busy recently, so an Evil Within sequel is likely.
  • Sony will definitely be focusing on The Last of Us: Part Two, God of War, Death Stranding, GT Sport, Detroit: Become Human, Dreams, Days Gone and Spider-Man, but expect PSVR titles.
  • Ubisoft is expected to announce the new open world Assassin's Creed "Origins", the Western-themed Far Cry 5 and possibly a new Splinter Cell game.
  • Don't anticipate Nintendo to talk about EA's sports games; their Direct will focus on Super Mario Odyseey, but wild speculation points at talks about Metroid Prime 4, the Virtual Console for Switch, and probably Animal Crossing announcements. Here's hoping we see some Monster Hunter.
  • Activision won't have its show; expect Microsoft to give us Call of Duty WW2, and Sony to give us Destiny 2 (as a follow up to next week's Destiny 2 livestream).
  • Capcom's been cooking some new content, such as Marvel v Capcom: Infinite and Deep Down. They'll likely want to play ball this E3.
  • Konami won't be content with Kojima running off and making Sony babies, so expect Metal Gear Survive and PES2018 to be in full force.
  • Warner Bros. Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Final Fantasy VII Remaster and Cyberpunk 2077. We don't expect them to show, but they're not outside the realm of possibility.
  • We at the E3 Discord are putting money on Scalebound for the GameSphere with a Christmas release.

I'll have more info for you all later.

• Don't anticipate Nintendo to talk about EA's sports games; their Direct will focus on Super Mario Odyseey, but wild speculation points at talks about Metroid Prime 4, the Virtual Console for Switch, and probably Animal Crossing announcements. Here's hoping we see some Monster Hunter.

Nintendo's going to cover Splatoon 2 as well, apparently. Also, Monster Hunter is Capcom's.

Also, Monster Hunter is Capcom's.
I grouped it with Nintendo since that'd be a headlining act for the Switch.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/05/11/nintendo-details-its-plans-for-e3-2017

We finally have Nintendo's plans for E3 in wraps.

I'll update the timetable shortly.

Hot Goss:

• 343 will have something at E3, but it won't be Halo 6.
  • Microsoft will most likely officially approve digital game refunds.
  • The new Batman game is Batman: Arkham Insurgency.
  • The new Assassin's Creed game is Origins, and has the largest overworld and a combat system inspired by The Witcher 3.
  • The Switch is getting a Mario and Rabbids cross-over called "Kingdom Battle".
  • Anticipate The Evil Within 2.
  • And Pokemon Stars.
  • Probably Far Cry 5 as well.
  • An announcement for the SNES Mini is on the cards.

• 343 will have something at E3, but it won't be Halo 6.
Halo 3 Vista