Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!

Author Topic: Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!  (Read 38354 times)

Omg we can finally make dark rooms or caves with this! :O

Oh wow! This looks amazing!

Also, is it possible to make a "ghosting zone" sort of thing? That way you could optimise maps with large brickcounts. For example, if you are in a dungeon underground you could unrender all the bricks above the ground or bricks far away from your zone are in currently.

Also, is it possible to make a "ghosting zone" sort of thing? That way you could optimise maps with large brickcounts. For example, if you are in a dungeon underground you could unrender all the bricks above the ground or bricks far away from your zone are in currently.
yes this is very possible. you can also expand it to include unghosting players/bots/etc that arent in your current zone, or on a case by case basis. this is supported by the selective ghosting dll.

you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to blockland

I wouldn't recommend trying to ghost/unghost thousands of bricks by script - you'll cause massive lag for the client during the transition.

Version 1.1
•  Water blocks in zones are now restricted to the zone bounds

•  Fixed overlapping environment zones not working correctly
•  Fixed teleporting between zones not working
•  Fixed simple mode environment zones not saving properly
•  Fixed /listEnvZoneSaves not working

Use the automatic updater if you can, otherwise download again from the first page.
If the updater does not show an update, run this command: Updater.checkForUpdates();

HOLYYS HIT

may i ask what shaders thos are

may i ask what shaders thos are

They're based on ports "performance" shader, I modified them to remove the completely unacceptable noise on bricks.
Only tested on max and at 3440x1440.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/rjnrxhg4z61seuv/shaders.zip

I'm also using reshade for MXAO.

You can fudge it with this mod by making an environment zone with a low view distance.

Also, I still have to manually load the .dll on launch. Why is it not reading the .dll as intended?

You can fudge it with this mod by making an environment zone with a low view distance.

Also, I still have to manually load the .dll on launch. Why is it not reading the .dll as intended?

If the steps in the OP aren't working, I really don't know what's wrong with it. You should ask Port for help there as he made the BlocklandLoader dll.

how do I install shaders?

Version 1.1
•  Water blocks in zones are now restricted to the zone bounds

Use the automatic updater if you can, otherwise download again from the first page.
If the updater does not show an update, run this command: Updater.checkForUpdates();
idk about this. what happens if your zone doesn't perfectly encompass a water brick and you cant place another one outside the zone to cover the part that was removed?

idk about this. what happens if your zone doesn't perfectly encompass a water brick and you cant place another one outside the zone to cover the part that was removed?

Huh? Not sure I understand the question.

This is about the physical zones created by env water.
For example, you could make a zone that has deadly lava in it without having lava all over the world.