Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!

Author Topic: Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!  (Read 38358 times)

Huh? Not sure I understand the question.

This is about the physical zones created by env water.
For example, you could make a zone that has deadly lava in it without having lava all over the world.
oh, never mind. thats cool af yes

finally can have proper caves and such

will zones without water overlapping water in the global layer still have water? my guess is no but if yes goddamn

If you put water in the global environment, it will go everywhere. You won't see the water plane if you enter a zone without water, but you still float.

I came back only to say that this is amazing and I love you

Can we have events to mess with the environments in the zones? There are already events that will mess with the environment, but I'm guessing they won't work with zones.

Any chance you could add a zone with the specific intention of reverting back to the global environment?
This way we can have persistent zone triggers for walking into areas, then having cancel zones for when they leave.

to elaborate on this:

the black bricks are persistent environment zones, and the green bricks are zones that would restore the global environment
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 02:43:07 AM by skill4life »

Couldn't you just have the exit triggers use an environment that's identical to the global one?

Couldn't you just have the exit triggers use an environment that's identical to the global one?
what about making this into events? having it so when you enter through the door that has some zone events to make you change environment
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 09:15:19 AM by Trogtor »

I don't really want to do anything else with this, just finished up the old add-on I already had so it could be released instead of being forgotten.

If you want to control environments with events you'll have to try and add that yourself, all the code is on github.

ya but i had plans on changing the environment on my server sometimes, so having to change every zone that has the main environment would suck

but ill try to figure this out

ya but i had plans on changing the environment on my server sometimes, so having to change every zone that has the main environment would suck

but ill try to figure this out
wouldnt be terribly difficult to just have a special zone that would send the global env data instead

If you made a build underwater and then used this addon and make the environment around it, would it cancel the water from the outside?

If you made a build underwater and then used this addon and make the environment around it, would it cancel the water from the outside?

Holy forget. I see no reason it wouldn't.
Im testing this NOW.

Edit: Aw, you still swim like your in water. You dont see it but it still affects you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 03:01:48 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Holy forget. I see no reason it wouldn't.
It's a physics zone, not it saying "if the player is below this level and water is on" just "if the player is in this box because this box only exists when there's water." It doesn't cut holes in the box.

lol i literally asked this on the first post of this page. zeblote should put this in the op so its clear that this is how it works