Author Topic: [CPR IMPROVEMENT PROJECT, PG. 5] Club Penguin Megathread  (Read 10898 times)

=OP CPR UNDER CONSTRUCTION=

Waddle on!

This is Club Penguin, an MMO hangout game for kids by Disney that has been running for years and is definitely part of everyone's childhood. Club Penguin is the name of the island the game takes place on, and is populated with many, many penguins. And also some sentient furry puffballs fittingly called puffles. And a few more things, but we'll save that for later.

Old map of Club Penguin (the island) and new map. The old one is better, obviously.

The game includes a lot of minigames, collectibles, clothing, miscellaneous things you can do and a storyline, maybe? Many of these things are unfortunately locked behind a paywall, membership. Or rather were. Anyway, that is what made the game unpleasant for some, as essentially all clothing requires a membership subscription to purchase, among other things like the ability to adopt more than two puffles or get special items for minigames (referred to as Game Upgrades, though the Upgrades part is debatable as they're purely cosmetic in most cases)

As of the original Club Penguin shutting down in March 30, 2017,  7:01 PM UTC, there are three Club Penguins, so to say. We have...

...The original Club Penguin, that was described earlier.

...Club Penguin Island, the spiritual successor available only for mobile phones. I have not looked into it much, but I hear it includes the paywalls of the original ad unplayablem.

...and Club Penguin Rewritten, which is not official. If you've heard of Toontown Rewritten you know how this starts out. It's a reboot (or referred to as a Club Penguin Private Server) of the original down to almost every detail (don't ask me how, I'm also stunned) that includes free membership, meaning you can now do and get anything you want for free that was originally locked behind the paywall.
A few bugs show up here and there, the legally distinct name of the reboot appears in spades with the original name, and the record button in DJ3K is nowhere to be found, but it's no big deal.
There are other reboots of the original like this one, but this is generally considered to be the best of all as it has plenty of servers that run well and is resilient to any copyright strikes by Disney.

Oh, and there's also CPPS (Club Penguin Private Server). According to its homepage, it has been running for 5 years, way before Club Penguin shut down, and thus it calls itself number one. Look at this server that I just found!

You can play Club Penguin Rewritten here. You can play CPPS here. You cannot play Club Penguin. You can play Club Penguin Island, but we advise against it for your own safety.

FAQ
Can you swear in Rewritten?
No, the swear filter and autoban are still active. It wouldn't be Club Penguin if cartoon penguins began swearing like sailors. Or mature parodies. Or sailors in mature parodies.

I can't find the verification email in Rewritten!
There is none! You can waddle on as soon as the account is made!

Which of the three is best for me?
The original is the best for doing nothing, following the latest update.
Island is the best for crashing your face into paywalls every so often.
Rewritten is the best for playing Club Penguin, the original.

since when was the icerink a football field?

it alternated

Noteworthy Event
It appears some beta testing of CPR is being done!

Click the image for more info!

Special Thanks to Snaked_Snake for being so nice as to let me do this first!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:54:54 AM by Marios »

Yeah, I found that kinda odd too. From research I did just now I found that that it's actually both, turning into an Ice Rink during the winter and spring months of the northern hemisphere, and into a Stadium during the autumn/fall and summer months.

it alternated

ffs i was playing club penguin revisited but got banned for a day for saying stuff without thinking

CPPS also exists

but dont go there its full of edgy kids

CPPS also exists

but dont go there its full of edgy kids

Mentioned in OP. Sort of. Dunno if I should add an "edgy kids" part.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:50:58 AM by Marios »

my experience so far lol

FIXED PAGESTRETCH NINJA SORRY LOL

where are the forgetin 3D glasses

I might introduce my little sister to club penguin, and put her on a ultimate safe chat server. I think she might like it as i did when i was younger.
Edit: She enjoys it, i'm gonna play it with her some other time. Shes like 5 btw
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:25:59 PM by Superbro11 »

Quote from: rules
Do not give links/talk about/show off private or cracked mmo servers - this is piracy

Doesn't Club Penguin Rewritten fall under this?

or would it be considered abandonware?

It's abandonware if you literally cannot play the original game anymore

abandonware because the original developer dropped all support for it and you can no longer play it

inb4disneyshutsitdown

They did apparently get hit by Disney a little while before the April Fools party started, but they came back up.