Author Topic: Teneksi's Garage - LawnMaster '90 [8/25]  (Read 87121 times)

you walk a dangerous path.
No guts no glory.

Anyway, onto the car in the picture. I don't mind the height of the trunk but I kinda think the front end needs to be raised. However the car might look to tall if you do that. As in the slope of the hood should be decreased a tad so that the window frame isn't at such a steep angel as it is now. However that might make the car look too boxy.

I don't know what you mean. Changing the angle of the hood doesn't have to have any effect on the windshield.

If I raise the height of the point where the hood meets the windows, there will be a greater overall slope and it will be less boxy. However, visibility from the driver's seat will be affected.

If I raise the front of the hood, the headlights and/or front bumper risk looking too tall/bulky.

If I raise the whole hood, the front will look more substantial, and the windshield will slope back more, but then I must deal with both negative effects.

Based on window angles and blockhead requirements, it's wise to focus on the characteristics of the Lumina above the Thunderbird
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:38:58 PM by Teneksi »

Sorry for the confusion. The bit where you say "If I raise the front of the hood, the headlights and/or the front bumper risk looking too tall/bulky" is what I meant.

What I was trying to say is this. Currently I feel that the front end gives off the impression of a much sleeker car (like a 90's Foxbody convertible). So to have the roof/window frame come up abruptly looks a little unnatural.

This picture is what I meant by decreasing the slope of the hood. So that it sits more squarely with the rest of the car (like the trunk). However as you pointed out the front end would look to bulky. I wasn't trying to say that the window frame would be directly affected, but that the aesthetics as a whole might become more natural but too boxy for the look you're going for. Once again I apologize for the confusion and I hope that makes more sense.

(Just saw your latest edit. And I'd agree to focus more on the Lumina).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:51:39 PM by DodgeViperAcr16 »

Well, look at the beige Lumina. The top of the headlights / front of the hood lines up with the top of the wheel well. The hood slopes up to meet the windshield. It doesn't need to be a box to not be very sleek. And since it's at least one part Thunderbird, it needs some sleekness, and I want to keep the headlights fairly short and long.

Look at that. I'm not following the guideline I just mentioned.
It's no wonder it keeps feeling a bit too tall when I try putting it in game. The wheel wells are a bit too shallow. It's amazing how much a small height difference can affect a car's feel.

I think I can do a few things here:
Acknowledge that the Lumina is not an especially small car
Acknowledge that the Hero is supposed to be a small truck

Make the Capital longer in its hood/trunk regions and possibly a touch wider

Revise the exaggeration of the height difference between the hood, trunk, and bottom of the windows
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:09:01 PM by Teneksi »

I see now. Good to know you've got a game plan.

Can't wait to see how the updated version turns out!

Looking great so far! If you want to add a little more sleekness, you could make the roof arched just a little, not as flat as it is right now.

I know it's probably the style of the car itself, but I think the front is alot more smooth than the roof which is very boxy

Yeah, the real roof is pretty flat. I could add a bit to the edges at least. Something subtle

right now it's almost like a thunderbird sedan with lumina lights

I'll probably adjust the windshield more and make it steeper, possibly make the front a little shorter, but it's definitely turning out better

That is a lot better, you should try to add more edges on the wheel arches but I believe you will do that anyway
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:11:40 PM by Filipe »

That is alot better, you should try to add more edges on the wheel arches but I believe you will do that anyway
screeee
a lot*

I rounded the wheel wells a bit and shortened the front.

The car is officially Barnabas-sized!

Looking amazing, as always :')