Author Topic: Teneksi's Garage - LawnMaster '90 [8/25]  (Read 85748 times)

The ultimate generic 90's American Blandmobile! :D

I'm considering calling it the Capital. I was going to use that name for an older Capricious car, but it could just be a different model year.

I think it works.
It's important! A valuable resource! And... it's necessary for the creation of something we want more than itself. It encompasses the Lumina sedan's posturing in advertising coupled with its blandness in person. And while it's nice to have the bland car, it's much more exciting to have its variants.

It's always the bread-and-butter cars that make the capital needed for more exciting stuff. A few more of these kind of cars and then someone can make a 90's direct-to-video family home movie parody with authentic background cars

A few more of these kind of cars and then someone can make a 90's direct-to-video family home movie parody with authentic background cars
you mean something like this

you mean something like this
exactly what i was going to link
you're a dead motherforgeter (guaranteed!)

It's always the bread-and-butter cars that make the capital needed for more exciting stuff. A few more of these kind of cars and then someone can make a 90's direct-to-video family home movie parody with authentic background cars
I'm working on one myself too, the "blandness" is real.

exactly what i was going to link
you're a dead motherforgeter (guaranteed!)
I love that video so very much. I've watched it at least 6 times now.

Hopefully a parody of that video will get made eventually. Because we need a new version of that timeless classic.

Because we need a new version of that timeless classic.
you walk a dangerous path.

are these the sequels to the blob

you walk a dangerous path.

whats wrong with the thunderbird?

whats wrong with the thunderbird?
that one's not so bad but compared to the original it's pretty goofy

that one's not so bad but compared to the original it's pretty goofy

Good thing I liked the '88 version

Though I once thought this was what the Daytona USA (game) stock cars were based on. (They're more based on the Chevrolet Lumina actually)

Oh well the more you know

Though I once thought this was what the Daytona USA (game) stock cars were based on. (They're more based on the Chevrolet Lumina actually)
I aim to make it 3 parts Chevy Lumina, 2 parts Ford Thunderbird and 1 part Ford Taurus.
winks
nudges

This car is surprisingly difficult, by the way. I might have a standard "car" version out this weekend. ...I'm gonna keep working on it until it has at least a beta stock car variant. And then I'm going to gleefully return to simpler geometry.

My difficulty with this one has been that it's a fairly sporty car (ignoring the base model and station wagon of course) so I felt it needed to be at least smaller than the Crown Vic, certainly shorter than the Hero. But then again, I made the Hero to be small.

I don't have to distort the windows of a truck or van for Blockheads to fit comfortably, so a car at the same scale can get real awkward. Especially when the bottom of the windows go below the line between hood and trunk.

Let me know what you think of the current Capital (90s generic car) and if its proportions are too afflicted by its Blockhead passengers. Changes will probably result in it being larger overall.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:21:12 PM by Teneksi »

If you slant the B-pillars more, you can probably make it a 4 door sedan much easier.

You can also decrease the roof height a bit more if you move the center section downward a little. This also allows you to make the roof longer (if you want to keep the previous angles of the pillars). Then again, 90's sedans were fairly airy sort of things.