problem with shaders

Author Topic: problem with shaders  (Read 17302 times)

Ah yes, another reason to append to the ever-growing list of why it was totally worth scrapping maps and interiors

have this exact problem rn, worked fine earlier until i updated windows 10

-snip-

Ah yes, another reason to append to the ever-growing list of why it was totally worth scrapping maps and interiors

have this exact problem rn, worked fine earlier until i updated windows 10

As far as I know it has nothing to do with windows 10, and in fact has to do with the latest NVIDIA driver/s. It's happened to me and many others, rendering shaders either unusable or usable to only a certain point (this is what happened to me, i can't go higher then minimum).

Currently the only way to resolve it is to downgrade your drivers. There is a really good tutorial on how to do so if you just do a quick search. (Though admittedly it didn't completely fix it as said previously above).

Hope this helps.

Also Blockland isn't the only game to be affected, many other games such as Terraria, some other Indi games and a few AAA's have also been affected.

[img width=400 ]http://i.imgur.com/W3XusfD.png[/img]

tbh would blame nvidia more than badspot, for dropping backwards compatibility. you can depreciate functions but totally breaking them is really bad form

We aren't blaming badspot for it breaking, bugs happen. What's unacceptable is not even responding to the bug report after several months.

As far as I know it has nothing to do with windows 10, and in fact has to do with the latest NVIDIA driver/s. It's happened to me and many others, rendering shaders either unusable or usable to only a certain point (this is what happened to me, i can't go higher then minimum).

Currently the only way to resolve it is to downgrade your drivers. There is a really good tutorial on how to do so if you just do a quick search. (Though admittedly it didn't completely fix it as said previously above).

Hope this helps.
i checked last night and i wasnt able to roll back, i uninstalled them and restarted. hopefully it works

i checked last night and i wasnt able to roll back, i uninstalled them and restarted. hopefully it works

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ulQYC_HP9s

I should've got this link sooner, I hope this is what you did cause doing it wrong can damage your graphics card/GPU.

I am having this exact problem. Going to downgrade.

assuming that these driver dates are correct, and information on the forums, the bad nvidia driver version is 381.65.  The version that would make Blockland shaders work again is 378.92. Hopefully I saved some people a lot of time.  The attached image was taken on my iPad.

The latest driver, 382.53, has fixed the problem.

yay we get shadows again
now we can all live in the dark

damn it, and I've been going through the trouble of doing a clean install of the old version when it worked before April 6th... welp, now I got to install GeForce Experience so I can stay up-to-date

about time

REJOICE!