Author Topic: Philadelphia's new LGBT flag adds black and brown stripe to include the colored  (Read 6451 times)

what the forget i thought this was a joke

Black people can't do anything w/o making it all about them

It's alright because the flag itself is completely useless so who cares if they just mess about with it further?

are any of you Black and gay and do you feel Underrepresented
Do Not Summon The Forbidden Dark God Jitank

the only flag that matters, brother

im black and white and i think this needs a white stripe on it

Black people can't do anything w/o making it all about them
and white people can't do anything w/o making it about other people

the LGBT community has a racism problem absolutely

i'll say the addition of two stripes is probably not super elegant from a design perspective but i agree with the sentiment (that the community needs to be more welcoming of people that aren't white) and most people complaining about it are just uncomfortable with that sentiment moreso than the design

the LGBT community has a racism problem absolutely

i'll say the addition of two stripes is probably not super elegant from a design perspective but i agree with the sentiment (that the community needs to be more welcoming of people that aren't white) and most people complaining about it are just uncomfortable with that sentiment moreso than the design
yes but why do stripes based on race need to be added to a flag with no relation to race? it's a rainbow because it represents inclusion of all sorts, not to support the blue people and purpleskins
anyways it's honestly tribal to not include the color white on there and go out of your way to add black stripes that shouldn't be there in any aspect whatsoever

I understand and support the sentiment but the execution was poor

depending on how you look at it it implies one of two things:
1. white people can't be LGBTQ*
2. "black person" is now a gender
I object to both of these things and philly should keep these fights separate

yes but why do stripes based on race need to be added to a flag with no relation to race? it's a rainbow because it represents inclusion of all sorts, not to support the blue people and purpleskins
anyways it's honestly tribal to not include the color white on there and go out of your way to add black stripes that shouldn't be there in any aspect whatsoever
youre basically questioning the whole philosophy of intersectionality - the addition of stripes based on race is done as a tacit show of support against racism in the LGBT community

white people aren't excluded in LGBT spaces based on their race so no it's not tribal

depending on how you look at it it implies one of two things:
1. white people can't be LGBTQ*
2. "black person" is now a gender
I object to both of these things and philly should keep these fights separate
this is liquid dumb

i liked the flag better as a straight up rainbow :(

doesn't the LGBT want equality? why don't they include white and Burgundy ?

most people complaining about it are just uncomfortable with that sentiment moreso than the design

Everyone in favor of the flag change keeps saying this, despite it not being true. The change is a useless, hollow sentiment that helps nobody.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:27:36 PM by IkeTheGeneric »