Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 236976 times)

"Land Of Blocks: Revenge of the Golden Brick"

How well will it perform depending on map size and "brickcount"? Will it limit your creativity like blockland is.
Hard to say right now, but I would like to include various options to toggle graphical and other features to help the game run better. I'm also focusing on optimization to help the brick system run as efficiently as possible.

imo a blockhead esque avatar would be the best for this game
why not just a regular old blockhead (but has more hats obviously)
why not a cool little editor to make blockheads how you want them to look
I would like the avatars to have a unique style, perhaps similar to Blockland yet still have its own theme. In in-game editor would be a great addition.

There should be certain parts that allow you to build sideways, and reflections maybe
A stress system? (That could be toggled on and off depending on the server or something)
Zero gravity? The ability to build flying vehicles?
Agh so many ideas
Keep 'em coming

asked sonokido to draw what avatars would look like, this is what we got

start modeling ghost
I think we have a winner =P

how about something that does not look too much like the blockhead

here is my idea:

i present you blockamigo
It does look like Bomberman lol - that's actually really cool.

Small question regarding player movement (and I'm sorry if you've already explained this before). But will there be a sort of "Smart Moving" setup for player controls? Or will advanced player controls be options in the menu?

I ask because I seriously think we need a sort of "Wipe Out" or "American Ninja Warrior" (or any country really) gamemode in this game.

Also, do you have any particular idea of how the vehicle physics engine is going to handle? Great job on the game and keep it up man!

A way to make a sort of anti-water space so boats and submarines can work normally.

Spreading fire over flammable objects.

Brick materials that have different density, destructibility, flammability, buoyancy, etc. (doesn't Unity have something like this built-in for physics objects or something?)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:47:04 PM by /dev/sr0 »

A way to make a sort of anti-water space so boats and submarines can work normally.

Spreading fire over flammable objects.

Brick materials that have different density, destructibility, flammability, buoyancy, etc. (doesn't Unity have something like this built-in for physics objects or something?)
bricks are made out of plastic.

dont over complicate this more than it should

make the playertype moon wolf's dragon brick

Here is a rough concept for a character.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:45:14 AM by Filipe »

Here is a rough concept for a character.
[img ]http://i.xomf.com/lxfbd.png[/img]
yeah something like this would be really good

looks like a blockhead but modern / refurbished

Damn dude that is high quality, I'd just suggest removing the top stud, so it won't look as lego, and the arms are a bit too thin