Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 236986 times)

Will there be water physics for bricks or something so we can make boats because holy forget that would be amazing

I'm just giving constructive criticism. No need to be hostile.
stop using red text it's doing my head in

you mean like this?

the skininess of the arms compared to the hands makes it look goofy as hell

Actually, I really liked that model Filipe. I'm trying to go with a theme that is inspired by Blockland, yet unique as well, and it was close that what I was looking for.
Oh, well alright I'll tweak it out and make it better, also I'll make examples of customization, how do you think the mouth should look? Or not have a mouth at all?

due to the lack of arms in blockland, you kinda had to use your imagination to see whether someone was wearing an actual coat or if someone was wearing a tshirt. lego minifigures usually do that by making the arm two different colors. i thought it'd be neat to have actual sleeves instead

Shrink the hands, like a decent amount. Use an actual minifig for an example. The actual hand width is like 3/4 to almost 1/2 the width of one leg (I don't have one in front of me so I'm going off of memory). I'd scale all 3 dimensions accordingly.

I went ahead and took the liberty of scaling it myself for visual aid purposes only. I'm far from a photoshop expert.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:14:45 AM by UnRegistered »

Shrink the hands, like a decent amount. Use an actual minifig for an example. The actual hand width is like 3/4 to almost 1/2 the width of one leg (I don't have one in front of me so I'm going off of memory). I'd scale all 3 dimensions accordingly.

I went ahead and took the liberty of scaling it myself for visual aid purposes only. I'm far from a photoshop expert.
i really like this one, the stud on the head makes it a look a bit awkward imo, and the head seems just a bit big (could just be the angle), i actually think the proportions in tony's post looked fine. i guess it all comes down to how ghost feels about it though.

i'd say trogtor's concept is on the right track, maybe use some references from blockland's v0002 playertype??

i really like this one, the stud on the head makes it a look a bit awkward imo, and the head seems just a bit big (could just be the angle), i actually think the proportions in tony's post looked fine. i guess it all comes down to how ghost feels about it though.

i'd say trogtor's concept is on the right track, maybe use some references from blockland's v0002 playertype??

I actually adore the original. If the project eventually wants to be a paid product, then legalities come in to play with the LEGO similarities. Besides that, I'd actually totally shoot for the normal legitimate LEGO playertype.

you can't use a lego minifigure.

but then again when was the last time anyone cared about your tastes
he's right they are a little skinny. anything is subject to change (except for inherently bad opinions)

remove the head stud and make either the hands smaller or the arms thicker

If the project eventually wants to be a paid product, then legalities come in to play with the LEGO similarities. Besides that, I'd actually totally shoot for the normal legitimate LEGO playertype.
you can't use a lego minifigure.
hence why i was suggesting to maybe use some aspects of it for a model reference, not completely base the figure off of it

the skinny arms were there to compensate for players who look skinny (with the 'armslim' node) i think one important thing about blockland is it's avatar customization. it's pretty damn unique and it would be a shame if a successor didn't have that same level of uniqueness. like i said before, since blockheads don't have arms, it was kind of easy to use your imagination to see if someone was wearing a short sleeved shirt or a full on coat. since arms are present you actually gotta make the sleeves so people don't look so tacky with their preferred look. you'd maybe ask why not just get rid of arms and go with the floating limbs look? mainly because i don't want to make a direct copy of badspots design and it looks more like a copy. to top it off im not going to spend time on this unless any sort of blockland-like project takes off and does it in good taste by not overcomplicating everything about it.

make that the new lego playertype

You don't want the minifig to look like roblox stuff.

Unity does allow for physics materials, but that might not work for bricks.
What about the anti-water zones? They might be really helpful for building cool underwater structures.

And how about gravity and anti-gravity zones, and maybe along with them implement maps that are entirely anti-gravity which would allow for awesome space builds?

This whole project has so much potential.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:25:22 AM by /dev/sr0 »