Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 235249 times)

I am planning on including a print system - the engine has some awesome features I would like to implement with prints, such as animated textures and a render-to-texture option (imagine setting up security cameras and having the live feed be displayed on a brick prints). Those features might be slightly more taxing in regards to performance, but an option to toggle it can be added as well.
oh man that actually sounds like a pretty neat system, looking forward to seeing gameplay in the future

also if we're talking names here i thought of Polyopolis (get it??? polygons and metropolis????) earlier but imo the name doesn't sound too good and i'm guessing we're trying not to follow the '[noun][city/land/etc]' style

How well will it perform depending on map size and "brickcount"? Will it limit your creativity like blockland is.

How well will it perform depending on map size and "brickcount"? Will it limit your creativity like blockland is.
I'm pretty sure a lot of performance can be saved since you can convert bricks into a single object like he mentioned earlier

Also I got a suggestion, dynamic or custom player animations, let's say someone created a weapon but he also wants a custom animation for the player's arms so it fits with the gun he is holding, that could apply for vehicles and others, also ragdoll physics would be fun
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:25:08 AM by Filipe »

Buildit or Brickit could be possible names

edit: maybe brickkit?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:25:11 AM by Conan »

Buildit or Brickit could be possible names

"Don't forget it, Brickit!"

blockparty

a name that fits and also hits close to home

BrickWorld

Brixity (Brick-City)

terrible
i am going to continue being terrible until you invite me to the good one