Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 232312 times)

what the forget is wrong with the camera

no offense but this isnt very good so far

this is as far as the camera goes down, the building controls feel really janky (why do i need to use a different shift to build on plates??????)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 07:23:48 PM by torin³ »

this is as far as the camera goes down
that works just fine for me, although like I said on the discord, the fact that looking down in first person moves your camera close to the floor is really jarring

this is pretty dissapointing. everything about it is very akward and not very player-friendly. the building is a step back from blocklands, and instead of a simple menu bricks are navigated through key commands (1 2 3 4 5). camera movement has too much sway and look up and down throws your camera to far forward and back. really hope this doesnt represent a final product sorry. didnt notice this was in pre-alp. a functional hud would still be nice to see in the next update
it doesnt matter, he can still criticize it
no offense but this isnt very good so far

this is as far as the camera goes down, the building controls feel really janky (why do i need to use a different shift to build on plates??????)
Y'all can criticize it, but keep in mind it's still in pre-alpha. Meaning, this is not a finished or even a near-finished product, it's a playable concept. A lot of what will be seen is placeholder or temporary.

A HUD will be added, I just didn't have time for this release. Also, I'm making a list of things to address for the future, such as the camera.

fix the building controls first

Edit: Temporarily closing the topic and removing the download until a few things are fixed in the next update, which I'll try to post soon. Please remember that this is not a near-finished beta, it's a very early pre-alpha version. It's going to take a couple playtesting phases and player feedback to refine it into the finished product.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 03:56:41 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Bump. Someone asked how the game was progressing lately, so thought it would be best to unlock / bump this topic.

Version 0.2.1 was just released on Discord. Future updates will be released to our Discord community, but as the game progresses more, we'll most likely share those builds with the general community.

Right now, we're working on adding experimental features server members can try out, and to see what we can really do with the new engine. A few issues were also addressed in the recent update, and building control sensitivity will also be ironed out soon. Currently working on adding an inventory system, brick selection menu, saving / loading and a few other features.

Also, here are some awesome builds created by the community, from the first two pre-alpha demos:

Yup, you can build glazed donuts too.

Edit: Updated title.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 12:02:34 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

when will there be a mac build? it takes like a minute to do

We're planning on releasing a Mac build once we enter Beta stage of development, and public testing officially begins. Although for the mean time, we're working on getting a web-based version working. As long as you have a browser that can support HTML-5 (i.e. Firefox), you should be able to run it.

but y though? sorry if i sound needy or anything but building to mac is just as easy to building to windows. it runs the same on all platforms with minor differences in graphics quality

No worries. I haven't looked into it myself, as I'm focusing on the PC build. But, Longor mentioned that it's a bit more complicated exporting to Mac from PC.

ah i didnt know that. when i use unity on mac and export to PC there are almost no issues, i thought it would work the same around mb