#freetox support thread - clique not allowed

Author Topic: #freetox support thread - clique not allowed  (Read 59700 times)

So Badspot has another website, and it's for adults only. Who cares? Why must people affiliate Blockland with that?

One thing I'm tired of is people trying to ruin one of the best games ever created over stupid stuff like this. Badspot has every right to demonstrate his artistic ability this way, even if some people consider it "vulgar" or whatever; the simple solution is to just stay away from the site and / or Blockland if it really strikes your nerve that bad.

i mean there's something extremely funny about a 20 something guy coming up with a lego video game, and when it doesn't sell that well he draws research for a living. it's really loving funny. more power to badspot for making a living off of it and everything but you gotta admit it's pretty comical

i'm honestly kinda surprised the people involved haven't just outright been banned, i really don't know of any other community leader/administrator that would put up with this much of this kind of stuff
I think they should still be banned. plainly making fun of the one person who keeps this place in any semblance of order, for literally nothing other than making a living, goes beyond disrespect. you idiots aren't entitled to this stuff
then there's everyone giving him a hard time about electrk being banned. it'd have been more than enough of a reason to do it just because he had two active accounts at the same time, but he was also impersonating adbot? not to mention practically linking to research. I don't know why anyone would expect his other active account to not get banned at the same time either

best thread of all time, great read

electrk is a funny guy, and he's absolutely one of the greatest dudes i know, online or offline, but if i were an administrator id still ban him
that being said the avatar lock is also a hilarious and ironic punishment

i mean there's something extremely funny about a 20 something guy coming up with a lego video game, and when it doesn't sell that well he draws research for a living. it's really loving funny. more power to badspot for making a living off of it and everything but you gotta admit it's pretty comical
Although there is some irony to the situation,
I don't really find it comical, it's just business.
In business if you have a skill, you apply it.

Blockland hasn't done too bad at all when it comes to sales: old data as of june 2013
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=233701.0
We can only assume there have been much more sales since then

I've played Blockland for almost 10 years now and i expect to play it for a much longer time hopefully. It truly is a one of a kind game. I can just imagine sitting there teaching my kids how to build and event having a good family time. I also feel that Blockland is good at teaching kids geometry, math, physics, etc. I can only speak for myself here, but Blockland is my main reason for getting into the coding and 3D modeling field which I hope to also teach my children someday. I really hope the people who have issues with the site can just overlook it and see the great game we have and just rejoice in that

hey hey still hanging in there?

Lock this thread and throw away the key

Blockland hasn't done too bad at all when it comes to sales: old data as of june 2013
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=233701.0
We can only assume there have been much more sales since then

except if you look at the graph from four years ago it said he's making roughly ~600 bucks a month, and the highest peak was around 2009. and it's on a downward slope. i did the math a while back and badspot makes roughly 900 bucks a month from blockland on a good year, so it doesn't look good in terms of sales. i'd bet money that he makes more money from research than blockland because research is the most precious commodity on the internet and a lot of people would support someone who pumps it out.

I've played Blockland for almost 10 years now and i expect to play it for a much longer time hopefully. It truly is a one of a kind game. I can just imagine sitting there teaching my kids how to build and event having a good family time. I also feel that Blockland is good at teaching kids geometry, math, physics, etc. I can only speak for myself here, but Blockland is my main reason for getting into the coding and 3D modeling field which I hope to also teach my children someday. I really hope the people who have issues with the site can just overlook it and see the great game we have and just rejoice in that

that's great and everything but unless there's a caveat to this where you say you buy a copy of blockland every month i don't see how this is relevant. the only reasons i can think of for an old userbase to buy new copies is either for alts or as an alt for someone else. i've been playing this game for a long time too but i can see that it's going to head out the door, because that's what happens to old games. A young group of people find a game. some play it for a long time. they eventually get distracted by the outside world and eventually stop playing it. this happens to every game ever

I mean the only reason sales increased since June was cause of Blockland released on Steam. I would really guess it has been decreasing in sales since that burst.

why doesmt badspot just combine the sites into one

why doesmt badspot just combine the sites into one
I wouldn't know how to feel about that in the extremely unlikely chance that would ever happen in this reality

Here's your punishment:  You're stuck with those avatars forever.  Hope you like 'em.  Steve5451², you done forgeted up by picking one of the older images.

Im just curious about what the forget was going through their heads when they thought this stuff up
like why the forget would you