ps4 or switch

Author Topic: ps4 or switch  (Read 5022 times)

ill be enjoying my endless supply of movies at a convent location while y'all watch your Mario cutscenes😤

i can get netflix on literally any other device.

i lovem e mario cutscenes

even mario cant escape the hell of ubisoft cutscenes

a ps4 is an actual home entertainment console, meaning it can not only play games but stream videos and music. a switch is just an overglorified tablet with nintendo's own os.

ill be enjoying my endless supply of movies at a convent location while y'all watch your Mario cutscenes
If you spent a couple hundred dollars just for this then you're loving stupid. There's a large number of cheaper alternatives that perform either just as good or better.
Also no one's getting it to watch cutscenes. I know endless cutscenes are a thing that ps4 games like to do but Nintendo does like to provide plenty of gameplay.

a ps4 is an actual home entertainment console, meaning it can not only play games but stream videos and music. a switch is just an overglorified tablet with nintendo's own os.
And almost every other device does the exact same thing, other than playing games.

That 'overglorified tablet with nintendo's own os' also comes with their own multi-function controllers and the ability to play plenty of fun games that only work on that 'overglorified tablet'.
The PS4 does what everything else already does. Including some TVs themselves.

Besides, OP already has a PC or a laptop, if they're posting here. That pretty much covers 90+% of the PS4 games and all of it's features other than talking to people over PSN.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:30:52 PM by Shift Kitty »

... guys... everything you plug into a tv nowadays has "entertainment system" apps and net access. thats not even a good argument anymore. even tvs themselves come with that stuff.

you can just use your pc for home entertainment lol

the one you can get puyo tetris on

watched the nintendo direct that just happened. go check it out, lots of great games coming that you may like

no console.
get a computer you peasant

watched the nintendo direct that just happened. go check it out, lots of great games coming that you may like

yeah i'm seriously considering getting a switch now before it'll be sold out everywhere next month because of mario odyssey

no console.
get a computer you peasant

yeah then maybe i can quit posting on my TI calculator

I'm enjoying my Switch very much so far. It's a system with a ton of potential that will be realized once it gets more games in the future. Right now its still good you'll just have to get past the sorta beta phase it's in (Lacking basic things at the moment like a web browser, streaming services, eShop pre-ordering/pre-loading, Virtual Console, etc.) and whether or not the available games are stuff that'll keep you interested.

yeah i'm seriously considering getting a switch now before it'll be sold out everywhere next month because of mario odyssey
The Switch is nromally out of stock so it's gonna be nonexistent in stores once Odyssey is out. I went to several stores with no luck and just ended up buying it secondhand. The stock situation varies by area so if you do end up getting one hopefully you luck out and find one instantly.

tbh if anyone thinks that being a "full home entertainment center!!!" is actually a valuable feature on a game console is well
misleading themselves at best

just use more or less anything else. a phone, a laptop, a desktop, whatever. if you want it on your TV just get a chromecast (or steam link maybe i haven't looked into it much) for a fraction of the price

the point of a games console is - you guessed it - games. now i don't have a PS4 myself so i can't talk about whatever exclusives it has but i gotta say, BotW and MK8 are a hell of a lot of fun and odyssey looks pretty great
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:54:50 PM by TristanLuigi »