Author Topic: banned for clickpushing  (Read 25691 times)

Remember the last time you perma banned someone just because he said "you mad cuz you lost lol",
I believe it, I'm pretty sure I've seen him ban people for ridiculous reasons.

the implication that clickpush is equivalent to a guard going on a shooting spree is false. a guard shooting up the prisoners ruins the entire round, the game will fundamentally stop working so long as a freekilling guard is allowed to continue freekilling. clickpushing people has no gameplay impact whatsoever in the investigative round. players do not have to fight back against the killer or be anywhere so specific that clickpushing will prevent them from getting there. the rule has no mechanical function.
im arguing against the idea to restrict it. according to jack noir, you were bothering people and as a result you got banned. i dunno why you wouldnt take his word about that unless he wasnt there when the banning happened

Again this is basically the equivalent of spraypainting somebody, except maybe half a step farther. Still not providing a good enough argument as to why it's such a big deal in and of itself.
because it's annoying?? that is more than enough. if you're coming to my server with the goal of annoying people, I don't want you there

Then why are you defending Destroyer? You obviously think this rule was justified to break, because you think it's stupid. Why would you follow a rule that you think is stupid?
I'm not defending destroyer. It goes without saying that "forget you im going to continue annoying people anyway" is loving stupid and i would've banned someone who did that to my server. But that's only half of the issue, the other half is the loving unreasonable rules that the admins put in place despite the fact that they actively encourage it to be broken simply by leaving the mechanic in

I'm not defending destroyer. It goes without saying that "forget you im going to continue annoying people anyway" is loving stupid and i would've banned someone who did that to my server. But that's only half of the issue, the other half is the loving unreasonable rules that the admins put in place despite the fact that they actively encourage it to be broken simply by leaving the mechanic in
the host already clarified that there isn't a clickpush rule and that the rule that was broken was "Dont be a richard"

the host already clarified that there isn't a clickpush rule and that the rule that was broken was "Dont be a richard"
yeah but that obviously wasn't by what happened. Obviously You was banned for clickpushing, Jack Noir just saved face for his admins by warping the ban reason to 'he was being a richard' (which is true, he was, but that wasn't actually why he was banned)

The entire situation was handicapped. You broke a rule that apparently wasn't even a rule on the server, but the admins went crazy trying to enforce it, and he resisted slightly and got banned. Now, 10-15 pages later, the story is "sorry that actually wasn't a rule, but he resisted anyways so we'll ban him for that"

Just like people said, he was being annoying, and kept doing it. That falls under "Don't be a richard."

So let me get this straight- there's no rule against clickpushing, but if you clickpush too much, you're being a richard, and therefore you're breaking rules? Isn't that funny

(which is true, he was, but that wasn't actually why he was banned)
So you admit he was being a richard - what difference does it make what he was technically banned for?

So let me get this straight- there's no rule against clickpushing, but if you clickpush too much, you're being a richard, and therefore you're breaking rules? Isn't that funny
When people tell you to stop clickpushing because you are being annoying, but you keep doing it, you are being a richard. Don't you think so?

So you admit he was being a richard - what difference does it make what he was technically banned for?
because otherwise he doesn't have a point :)

Because he was clearly being a richard in response to someone enforcing something unreasonably.

When people tell you to stop clickpushing because you are being annoying, but you keep doing it, you are being a richard. Don't you think so?
But there's no rule against clickpushing. In theory, you should be allowed to clickpush as much as you want. Instead, You was told to stop clickpushing

Is PhantOS buddies with the OP? Otherwise I can't understand where he's getting hung up on this