Author Topic: Catalonia's independence movement died before it started  (Read 28598 times)

You still aren't listening to what I'm loving saying
I am, but you're not considering the historical context. "Preserving the host culture" has been the justification in every fascist state. Germans were preserving German culture by removing non-Germanic people and recreating the Greater German Reich. Italians wanted to restore the Roman Empire, where many native Arabs were executed or sent into forced labor and Italian settlers sent in their place. Japan wanted to rule East Asia and the Pacific to unite Asians under Japanese culture.

The idea that minorities are infiltrating your country with the sole purpose of taking over your government/destroying your culture (see: "they're going to implement sharia law!!") assumes that all the people of that minority group are in cahoots, which is discriminatory for obvious reasons. just as "the jews are taking our well-earned german capital!!" was.

So why do catalonians want their own country?
The region is relatively rich and sends out more in taxes than it brings in so they feel as though they're getting a bad rap. The fact that Spain decided to act forcibly against people who were trying to vote for or against this only exacerbated the problem and now who knows what'll happen.

"Hey Tyrone, it's Dues. They want a photo of you with a shoe on your head - send it over ASAP"
"50 bucks as usual."

Why do you guys insist on shooting yourselves in the foot by saying such stupid things

also: anyone who isn't spanish and feels the need to push their political opinion on this is a loving stuffhead
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:02:26 PM by Red Spy »

"50 bucks as usual."
Either that or he's one of those tribals trying to repress urges but actually having a taste of the chocolate fountain on the side

I am, but you're not considering the historical context. "Preserving the host culture" has been the justification in every fascist state.

Don't care, doesn't make it tribal

Either that or he's one of those tribals trying to repress urges but actually having a taste of the chocolate fountain on the side
Do i need to give you a yearly supply of black slaves to pacify you?

g-guys white genocide isn't r-tribal right g-guys

g-guys white genocide isn't r-tribal right g-guys
We need a white genocide duuude

Don't care, doesn't make it tribal
god damn you're dumb lmao

So why do catalonians want their own country?
same reason mexico and the US did
they want to be free from restricting captors iirc

It's actually even funnier to me if he actually is black and this tribal

god damn you're dumb lmao

>>

The Southern states seceded for the sole purpose of being able to continue violating human rights.

How does forbidding succession help human rights

It's actually even funnier to me if he actually is black and this tribal

It's funny because I literally haven't said a single tribal thing, but apparently I'm tribal because... you disagree with me. Lol. loving stupid

>>

this argument is garbage, because the situation could just as equally had been the opposite, where a region seceded to support human rights rather than the opposite

for instance what if the south won congress, and the north seceded to stop slavery?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:26:18 PM by TristanLuigi »