Author Topic: Catalonia's independence movement died before it started  (Read 27565 times)

is kearn?
he's defending the CSA's right to secede based on the fact that slavery isn't objectively wrong

you're trying to argue that secession is ok only when the people seceding believe similar things to you, no?

you're trying to argue that secession is ok only when the people seceding believe similar things to you, no?
no, i'm arguing that secession is ok when the people seceding are doing it for the sake of human rights
slavery is not human rights and if you think that's subjective you can forget right off

people who advocate oppression of other people don't deserve anything lol

The sub saharan African tribes owned and sold slaves. Do you believe that the colonization of Africa was a bad thing? Why did we let them become independent when they advocated slavery and in some places still have slaves?

it's okay to secede from a country that is violating your human rights and it is okay to invade a country that is violating human rights en masse.
because human rights are infallible and law is not.
people who advocate oppression of other people don't deserve anything lol

Hnnnnng

no, i'm arguing that secession is ok when the people seceding are doing it for the sake of human rights

so yes

so yes
human rights is obviously not the same thing as "my opinions"

Human rights are subjective. A fabrication made by man. The only rights you have are the ones granted to you by your country. You are government property.

yes they are
i advocate for progressive taxation but i don't think it's a human right

i advocate for progressive taxation but i don't think it's a human right

the only thing anyone should think it is is dumb

Is universal healthcare a human right?

here lemme give examples uh healthcare um $15/hr minimum wage
oh don't worry I got TONS more

everything is a fabrication of man, we only follow the laws of nature around here

slavery is not human rights and if you think that's subjective you can forget right off
So hold up, You just said that secession is only ok when its only for human rights. That's a opinion right there, buddy.

here lemme give examples uh healthcare um $15/hr minimum wage
oh don't worry I got TONS more

let's double the cost it takes to hire unemployed people nothing can go wrong