what game(s) had the best story or your favorite ending

Author Topic: what game(s) had the best story or your favorite ending  (Read 5688 times)

I don't play many story-driven games but I'd probably say the Modern Warfare franchise. Say what you want about the franchise but the story was actually pretty loving good.

Metroid other m had the best story in a Nintendo game

Game Of The Year was quite a game

i'd have to say oblivion for this one

I don't play many story-driven games but I'd probably say the Modern Warfare franchise. Say what you want about the franchise but the story was actually pretty loving good.
SPOILER:

if you say you didnt cry when Ghost died, you lying
also no russian played the shock factor role so well, really dope

if there is no story for a game i like, i usually come up with one.
here's my idea for blocklands "story":
one day, at like a k-mart or a parody store or smth, this 5-year old kid sees this wicked new toy everyone is talking about, a blockhead. it's about the size of a lego minifigure, and people say it rips it off of lego. but the kid doesn't really care and asks his mom to buy one, your character. she, obviously wanting her child to be happy, does. they then return home and he brings them back to his bedroom. eventually, he finds other people with the blockheads, the other characters people play as in the game. little do they know, kinda like toy story, they come alive when they aren't watching. they build amazing structures, battle each other, roleplay, and all that jazz. when they die, it usually is because they break apart. but when they respawn, they put themselves back together, with the stuff they had. now, since they're really small, they have to make up places where they are, which explains the slate maps. but for maps like kitchen, obviously its the kid's kitchen, and slopes is one of those ski lodge places, but it's small for the kid, big for the blockheads.

if there's ever anything else you wanna know, hmu

SPOILER:

if you say you didnt cry when Ghost died, you lying
also no russian played the shock factor role so well, really dope
you misspelled gaz dude

that cliffhanger tho
that was one of the reasons why I liked it, going into halo 3 was great.

Undertale's pretty great.
I really enjoyed Blockland's secret adventure mode.
I've got a bunch of walking simulators I'm really fond of.
OneShot is fantastic.
Weirdly enough, Halo has a pretty awesome story if you pay attention. The Halo universe is actually huge, being expanded by a ton of books.

Portal 2 and Bioshock Infinite

SOMA
The ending leaves you with so many questions that you can answer for yourself if you go back into the game and really pay attention to minor/major details
that game ending legit made me depressed for a week. like i couldn't even function i was just so torn up at how poignant it was

i've always felt that the main stories of the dark souls games, while still great, aren't as thematically interesting or powerful as the character's stories, but i will say the interconnected story of the last two DLC's and how it brilliantly retold the plight of the entire series was so well done, plus the final area i won't spoil but it and the fight if one of the greatest moments i've had in gaming.

and also obligatory Bloodborne

Forgot to mention one game

Darkwood (True Ending)
Honestly just a cool twist.

halo 3 had a good ending and I'd be perfectly happy with the chief's story ending there if it meant we wouldn't have gotten 4 and 5

halo 3 had a good ending and I'd be perfectly happy with the chief's story ending there if it meant we wouldn't have gotten 4 and 5
could not agree more, I though it was a really great ending.