what game(s) had the best story or your favorite ending

Author Topic: what game(s) had the best story or your favorite ending  (Read 5629 times)

probably gonna be some spoilers in this thread so proceed with caution

for me: spec ops the line
SPOILERS: entire ending is a complete mindforget, i had to play it over a couple times. not only that, but the storytelling and voice acting is incredible throughout. the way the characters personas completely transform over the course of the game really pushes that sense of desperation and insanity home. from clear cut commands to “holy forget someone kill that forgeter!” has a huge impact.

black ops 1
SPOILERS: people stuff on cod but honestly this stuff was pretty good. i don’t think it’s my favorite, but worth mentioning. it was one of the only cods that got away from the black and white “good guy kill bad guy save america” storyline. a lot too it with some cool twists and visuals.

bioshock 1-2
no spoilers here, just loving amazing games bro. voice acting and visuals are amazing, and this crazy dystopian world that they create is just so perfectly chaotic. you never have that feeling that you’re “the good guy”, you’re just a guy. if you haven’t played these games, you haven’t experienced the peak of video game storylines

tony hawks underground

Most recently, MGSV TPP, but earlier, I'd have to say Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or Halo 2, that stuff was gooood.

SOMA
The ending leaves you with so many questions that you can answer for yourself if you go back into the game and really pay attention to minor/major details

METRO 2033 and METRO Last Light (Canon endings)
Honestly just, the story itself is amazing. I'm excited for EXODUS which is coming out in 2018 iirc.

black ops 1 was perfection story-wise.

undortale
apart from the fandom yea i agree with you on this one

Metroid other m had the best story in a Nintendo game

Earthbound probably wraps up best, just in general

i only played it for the first time like a year ago