Author Topic: Investing types & Crypto Discussion $$$  (Read 33645 times)

ok $500 acquired, time to test the water boys

what coin should i put it into
ethereum, you can buy a whole ether instead of 0.000000000000000001 bitcoin

been studying the basics of stocks and investing in my free time, or more or less adding on to what i learned in high school

quitting my job soon and paying out of pocket for my first 2 years of school (ughhh); i need a career change. giving myself $2k to start investing after i do some more research in my newfound free time-- haven't even looked into crypto currencies but this thread has already helped a bit. obv this won't be my first resource for info but i'll read any and all discussion/advice

s t o p  l o s s  o r d e r s

ethereum, you can buy a whole ether instead of 0.000000000000000001 bitcoin
second this

yo question what do you think about bitbean

yo question what do you think about bitbean
trash bitcoin fork with corporate backing

its stuff

whats the best way to go about buy crypto

what exchanges are easiest to work with

trash bitcoin fork with corporate backing

its stuff
don't loving stuff talk bitbean

whats the best way to go about buy crypto

what exchanges are easiest to work with
Honestly, buying crypto in the US is kinda stuffty. All-in-all I think Coinbase is the easiest and least intrusive exchange to buy on, but they have been facing issues with the IRS specifically targeting them asking for user records. They also have shown some other signs of potential instability, and only deal in Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum; so you'll be out of luck there if you want to trade anything else. Kraken is probably my favorite exchange since they offer the best security options and have tons of trading pairs, but their verification process seems kinda needlessly intrusive (requires photo id, proof of residence [bank statement or credit card bill], address, SSN, and a photo of yourself holding your id and a very specific handwritten note).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:46:15 PM by Pecon »

can just buy litecoin on coinbase and shellgame it over to poloniex or w/e

a photo of yourself holding your id and a very specific handwritten note).

wtf lol not even normal brokerages need something like that

i hope the pattern daytrading rule doesn't apply to bitcoin trading... I don't think it would since it's counted as property by the IRS.

I'm finishing up my macroeconomics course right now and we talked a ton about investing, stocks, and currencies. I just got a coinbase account the other day and I plan to soon start buying bitcoin.