Banned by Polska because I play on v20 a little every now and then.

Author Topic: Banned by Polska because I play on v20 a little every now and then.  (Read 11649 times)

by splitting the community in two you leave the main game half as popular in the long run.
I hate how people say that v20 is splitting the community. It isn't, everyone on there plays on v21 too. We aren't some group that hates v21 and thinks v20 is the best, but I agree with your third idea, it would be nice to be able to host both versions on the same master server but Badspot doesn't allow that.

It's more than likely that there's a pre v21 exploit that can be used to compromise post v21 clients, and that's probably why they are kept separate. Blockland still has some sort of memory overflow exploit which allows people to insert stuff into the engine while its overflowing, so it's probable that the older versions of blockland had more engine exploits and v21 secured them, but the clients may still be suceptible to some sort of backdoor

What a simple-minded handicap.

It's more than likely that there's a pre v21 exploit that can be used to compromise post v21 clients, and that's probably why they are kept separate. Blockland still has some sort of memory overflow exploit which allows people to insert stuff into the engine while its overflowing, so it's probable that the older versions of blockland had more engine exploits and v21 secured them, but the clients may still be suceptible to some sort of backdoor
I'm pretty sure this got patched with an add-on that fixes this, it requires you to have it to host a server. Clay Hanson made the add-on a few months back.

But, if it were an updated version of both, and not just the last version of v20 taped to v21, it could work, right?

Sure but patching issues between major versions isn't easy. The jump from v20 to v21 probably removed tons of useless/deprecated code from the engine so making both versions work together is most likely impossible

Either way there's like no reason any sane person would improve an outdated version of a product. There are always a few nuts who obsess over legacy development as a hobby but it's not popular enough to be worth the time

The developers should take a hint that if players are spread across game versions, it's a sign that something is wrong with their latest version.

The developers should take a hint that if players are spread across game versions, it's a sign that something is wrong with their latest version.

no it's that people are dumb enough to want to relive 2005 graphics again

i think the developers know more about what's right and wrong with their game than 5-10 random users

no it's that people are dumb enough to want to relive 1999 graphics again
ftfy

discord members =/= actual current ingame members
all 213 members play v20 (if they can), most are not on when others are on tho

that's still a pretty small number. doesn't change the fact that v20 is pretty flawed in its own way which explains why it's discouraged

discord members =/= actual current ingame members
ok? 213 (more after this is posted) people have still decided to join our discord and stay becuase they're interested in v20 or other old versions of blockland, though. they might not all be active all the time but they still have joined for a purpose
doesn't change the fact that v20 is pretty flawed in its own way which explains why it's discouraged
flawed in what way? i'm not calling you wrong - i'm simply curious about what you think is flawed with v20