Banned by Polska because I play on v20 a little every now and then.

Author Topic: Banned by Polska because I play on v20 a little every now and then.  (Read 11517 times)

Well v20 hitted a Server with 40 Players (new record for V20)

flawed in what way? i'm not calling you wrong - i'm simply curious about what you think is flawed with v20
off the top of my head caps lock is disabled and you cant hold keys or hold backspace to delete messages, print plates are wonky and you cant build on them (same as roads) and the game is generally buggier

off the top of my head caps lock is disabled and you cant hold keys or hold backspace to delete messages, print plates are wonky and you cant build on them (same as roads) and the game is generally buggier
capslock and key holding prevents chat spam which is useful *sometimes*

print plates and the road thingy I agree on, it is pretty sad

flawed in what way? i'm not calling you wrong - i'm simply curious about what you think is flawed with v20
Maps discouraged learning how to build. It's like giving somebody a coloring book instead of a blank canvas.

Maps discouraged learning how to build. It's like giving somebody a coloring book instead of a blank canvas.
this too
i have yet to actually build anything with friends besides on just bedroom

Noedit: the new environment system is also much better and more user-friendly than Adjustable Plate was.

Noedit 2: plus, Adjustable Plate and other slate variants were the most common maps before v21 came along anyway, so little is lost.

Noedit: the new environment system is also much better and more user-friendly than Adjustable Plate was.

This

I tried adjustable plate on v20 a few months ago and was shocked at how clunky it was

off the top of my head caps lock is disabled and you cant hold keys or hold backspace to delete messages, print plates are wonky and you cant build on them (same as roads)
oh yeah these are definitely issues, which were just fixed in v21. i think the prints/roads being built on could mayb be fixed with effort tho
Noedit 2: plus, Adjustable Plate and other slate variants were the most common maps before v21 came along anyway, so little is lost.
well you're pretending here as if we're treating v20 as being better then v21. nobody is saying this - v20's simply just something fun to check out as it has a lot of differences compared to v21 and some didn't even get to use v20 in the first place and just want to experience it. v20 is obviously worse then v21 in terms of stability and graphics and we're not trying to deny or hide that. we're not even touching slate maps or adjustable plate as we'd might as well go to v21 for that, we're just playing it for the maps that haven't been seen for so many years.
i completely agree with all of the points here too - before v21 I barely ever built much and never developed any building skills but v21 has definitely helped me actually develop a 'talent' for building. it's also obviously much better-looking, and the aesthetic of plastic bricks is really fantastic.

to be honest I might as well say this now before stuff gets worse: there's really nothing to worry about. absolutely none of us are treating v20 as being any superior to v21.
if you were to think of it, we're actually probably bringing more attention to the game, if anything: I'm very sure that if we weren't sharing v20 right now, those who are playing v20 atm wouldn't even be doing anything related to blockland. you're saying that they'd be playing v21 instead, and that we're taking them away from v21, but to be honest there's like 20% of people who would apply in that group. the rest (including myself) wouldn't even be playing blockland at all if it wasn't for v20.

so I'd appreciate if we just stopped making a fuss about this, as really we're actually bringing more attention to blockland as a whole by doing this. we're even benefiting steam users by letting them experience a part of the game that they had never experienced before. there's honestly little negative impact on blockland and there's even (admittedly) barely any activity on the v20 master server anyway (compared to the v21 MS), so I'd honestly appreciate if you were to stop worrying.

I have no problem with people playing v20, just a problem with people thinking it's better, just to be clear.

I have no problem with people playing v20, just a problem with people thinking it's better, just to be clear.
the seperate post wasn't directed at you (sorry if it seemed like it was!), just everyone else who believes we're damaging the whole community in any way

can someone explain an actual reason to play v20 other than 'i played it when i was 8'

can someone explain an actual reason to play v20 other than 'i played it when i was 8'

maps can be fun to build on

also for people who never played v20 it can be interesting for them to see what old blockland was like for the rest of us

the terrain editor process was pretty dumb and buggy, plus terrains would turn pink pretty frequently for no reason. also set movement speed functions didn't exist back then, which means that making players run faster or slower meant you needed to create a new data block for each speed. from a development standpoint that's pretty loving stupid and made weapon and player design difficult