Server name - Official New Years 2018

Discord, for preload and optional - https://discord.gg/YDN9pYe
0 (0%)
Music stream, mandatory - http://newyears.block.land
0 (0%)
Preload starting soon
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Official New Years 2018 - 142 Players!  (Read 78444 times)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 08:46:40 PM by torin² »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 08:47:57 PM by Kidalex90 »

The server had invalid packets and Skill4Life forgetin' DIED.

39/41 CHESTS AND THEN IT CRASHED
i blame conan
add player persistence

skill is killing himself

This isn't official, if it were, Badspot would be the host, another thing is when I joined I got murdered by some other player. You guys have way too many events and prints. I really don't see this being up once the hour actually comes around lol, way too laggy and I have pretty decent specs. Goodluck guys.
This isn't official, if it were, Badspot would be the host, another thing is when I joined I got murdered by some other player. You guys have way too many events and prints. I really don't see this being up once the hour actually comes around lol, way too laggy and I have pretty decent specs. Goodluck guys.
Hivemind much?
Yeah, I disagree with the designation but I don't really condone this.

I feel like Ide was serious, but then Torin and Alex were mocking him and/or were attempting a chain ban...

kinda sucks that there wasn't enough time to implement the stuff that was initially planned, was really looking forward to the castle segment.

still enjoyed exploring the build when I checked it out last night though, really gave that big city feel with getting lost and constantly finding new things to check out before getting bored of it after a good hour or so.

gonna be honest with you guys, there was a ton planned that never panned out cause i got busier than i expected during winter break + not being able to pull through on a massive event that would have been amazing but not enough building got done soon enough

even with all the lost potential though, the build is pretty sick. if only everyone started working on it earlier though, maybe it wouldnt have lacked the depth it was supposed to have. kobe and the crew did an amazing job at pulling together the final build in time.

in the end, its a great build, with lackluster server events and planning, but its still far better than absolutely nothing. hitting all the notes right is extremely hard with such a big team when everyone’s schedules dont line up, and im honestly surprised at how well we worked together towards the end. theres always gonna be something lacking and fortunately this year it wasnt too big of a deal that the gamemodes and events didnt pull through

also @kidalex specifically, what did you expect, a low budget complete rpg or something? yeah there isnt much specific to do, but if you’ve ever tried your hand at putting together a full gamemode, you’d realize how much time it takes and how many things can go wrong or just feel incomplete. its why we ended up dropping the castle rush - nothing but the start was complete enough to be played
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 08:42:54 PM by Conan »

I feel like Ide was serious, but then Torin and Alex were mocking him and/or were attempting a chain ban...
i agree with him wholeheartedly

build is cool though, i really like the city theme

also @kidalex specifically, what did you expect, a low budget complete rpg or something? yeah there isnt much specific to do, but if you’ve ever tried your hand at putting together a full gamemode, you’d realize how much time it takes and how many things can go wrong or just feel incomplete. its why we ended up dropping the castle rush - nothing but the start was complete enough to be played
i expect complete features

i expect complete features
and your expectation must be satisfied? i keep getting this feeling from the way you post that you’d still have a problem with the server even if everything was there

why would people you actively dislike go out of their way to please your tastes when its considerably more stringent and difficult to fulfill compared to what most people expect? and regardless, the idea of centering the server around a massive gamemode was an ambitious idea, not something we were certain of nor announced long in advance as a certainty. is it bad that we tried to do more?

Hivemind much?
Yeah, I disagree with the designation but I don't really condone this.
No, it's common sense lol.

Also I think the server is great and the better choice, I just don't think most blockland players will be able to even play it. I have a pretty decent system and I was lagging pretty bad. I just don't agree with the performance and that meme in the title.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 09:06:35 PM by IdeTheBird »

and your expectation must be satisfied? i keep getting this feeling from the way you post that you’d still have a problem with the server even if everything was there

why would people you actively dislike go out of their way to please your tastes when its considerably more stringent and difficult to fulfill compared to what most people expect? and regardless, the idea of centering the server around a massive gamemode was an ambitious idea, not something we were certain of nor announced long in advance as a certainty. is it bad that we tried to do more?
i would not have a problem with the server if everything was there
plus i had more reasons to have high expectations because the server was announced in loving april