Server name - Official New Years 2018

Discord, for preload and optional - https://discord.gg/YDN9pYe
0 (0%)
Music stream, mandatory - http://newyears.block.land
0 (0%)
Preload starting soon
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Official New Years 2018 - 142 Players!  (Read 76033 times)

credit osama bin laden or you'll get a copyright strike from doraemon

No open areas, forced minigames, super busy build.
Not a fan.

Pretty disappointing, especially considering the first five minutes there were spent spectating when someone put on lava.

I actually really like the build but I just can't stomach hearing "get to Subway for the spicy italian" 5 times a second.

No open areas, forced minigames, super busy build.
Not a fan.
These didn't really bother me as much as the 3 FPS i was getting did, but that's likely because of poor hardware, even the last couple of new years servers ran pretty similar to this one for me, so i guess i'm just out of luck there :(

I don't think i'll ever be able to unhear the Subway thing though

Pretty disappointing, especially considering the first five minutes there were spent spectating when someone put on lava.
Madman wanted people on the rooftop for an impromptu Pushbroom fight

I actually really like the build but I just can't stomach hearing "get to Subway for the spicy italian" 5 times a second.
G E T  T O  S U B W A Y  F O R  T H E  H O T  S P I C Y  I T A L I A N  G E T  T O  S U B W A Y  F O R  T H E  H O T  S P I C Y  I T A L I A N  G E T  T O  S U B W A Y  F O R  T H E  H O T  S P I C Y  I T A L I A N  G E T  T O  S U B W A Y  F O R  T H E  H O T  S P I C Y  I T A L I A N

These didn't really bother me as much as the 3 FPS i was getting did, but that's likely because of poor hardware, even the last couple of new years servers ran pretty similar to this one for me, so i guess i'm just out of luck there :(
'least once the server is over and the save is released you can explore without the bad framerate, since i'm assuming the playercount is the main cause for frame dropping.

Also, closing out of Blockland after playing on that server seems to cause Steam to think i'm still playing it even though the .exe isn't anywhere in the task manager nor is Steam's overlay UI thing, so i have to restart Steam to fix the problem

'least once the server is over and the save is released you can explore without the bad framerate, since i'm assuming the playercount is the main cause for frame dropping.
I don't really care about exploring the build, i like to experience the server and the event with the others, even if it's at 3 - 9 FPS
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:01:50 PM by Masterlegodude »

If theres one thing i can genuinely say: its that the spicy italian's pull-out sound does get annoying, and I partially wish it was modified to remove it at the bare minimum, its not exactly a new design choice and it was kinda stale in my eyes, along with a few other small old jokes which were much less intrusive, otherwise I can see why it wasn't present to extensive oversight like the new content was, especially given the circumstances.

Also, closing out of Blockland after playing on that server seems to cause Steam to think i'm still playing it even though the .exe isn't anywhere in the task manager nor is Steam's overlay UI thing, so i have to restart Steam to fix the problem
This happened to me a few times with GMod, just find the application running the ingame overlay and kill the process, should usually do it without restarting steam

This happened to me a few times with GMod, just find the application running the ingame overlay and kill the process, should usually do it without restarting steam
the .exe isn't anywhere in the task manager

dren dran mom said i get to host new years this time

It should be named "Steam Client Bootstrapper" or something along those lines, If its not there then I don't even know and I'd probably just do what you did honestly lol

This isn't official, if it were, Badspot would be the host, another thing is when I joined I got murdered by some other player. You guys have way too many events and prints. I really don't see this being up once the hour actually comes around lol, way too laggy and I have pretty decent specs. Goodluck guys.