Poll

Update/Current Events Information

[In Use] Weather Summary in Title; NO Update or Current Events in Display
2 (40%)
Move Weather Summary to Supplemental OP; Update Prompts in Title
1 (20%)
Suggest in Discord channel.
1 (20%)
Voter is lame.  (Sorry, not sorry, Plethora)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: SURVIVE 4 — Land of Savages • [DAY 3 | Early Night | In the Squall]  (Read 29701 times)

"Nothing to do except carry the supplies back. If you like, you're welcome to lend a hand."

ATTN: Theric

"Nothing to do except carry the supplies back. If you like, you're welcome to lend a hand."

ATTN: Theric

"Then I'll help carry the supplies back." he offers with a nod to Ikhannuk, heading over to help hoist up as many of the supplies he can- or whatever ones they'd like him to handle in particular, before hauling them along to where they're meant to go.

Aif notes the deer and turns his attention to inside the hut.  The rain's chilled him some, so he takes a couple of minutes to warm his hands beside the fire, humming a tune, before giving his attention to Yana, who seems to be making something with the clay she brought in.

"To Eetu's storehouse."

Theric takes with him four set of armor and begins climbing the hill toward Eetu's manor. The stones of the main streets are muddy and slippery, and he almost slips at one occasion, but makes it up the hill all the same. However, with these damaged shoes, there's no telling how long they would last, or if he might become ill.

Yana is forming the clay in her hands on one of the flat rocks to create a pot. The base of it is already shaped, but the rest of it is yet to be formed. She picks up the pot used for water and uses it to moisten the clay and shape it carefully with her fingers.

Attn: Aif

After angering the seated men with his silence, they hand down a sentence, and Väinö is seized by the guards, including the hunter-brothers and is locked down in a putrid, dark dungeon for a couple hours and is then brought out and executed by axe over the chopping block. He appears in the hall of Mirisham once again, but this time, the gates stay closed for him. With no other choice, Mirisham leads him to the fountain.

"To Eetu's storehouse."

Theric takes with him four set of armor and begins climbing the hill toward Eetu's manor. The stones of the main streets are muddy and slippery, and he almost slips at one occasion, but makes it up the hill all the same. However, with these damaged shoes, there's no telling how long they would last, or if he might become ill.

Theric grunts after having finished hauling up the supplies to Eetu's manor. His eyes fall down to his shoes, his eyes thinning into a squint as he looks them over. Looking over towards Ikhannuk as he continues carrying all the supplies to the storehouse he asks, "Do you think Eetu would mind if I took any shoes we got from the haul?" he asks, his head nudging down to show the state of his footwear. "Another thing... Part of me is lost on what my options are now. If I were to leave, where should I go from here if I was looking for work, a place to live or... Hell, even a fight?"

Theric trails off a bit before he carries on, "Is there anything here that needs killing?"

When they arrive at the storehouse, Theric puts the armor down wherever he's asked to.

Douzheng, mentally stuck in a dichotomy of exhaustion and restlessness from his work, finally completes the organization of Zaluk's texts.

Theric and Ikhannuk stop under the eaves of the back door of Eetu's house. Ikhannuk, hunched over under the roof too low for him, sighs. "You pledged this all to him. It would be out of place for me to promise what belongs to another man. You will have to ask him."

Ikhannuk listens patiently to Theric, then speaks, "There are hunting parties that go out and hunt deer or woolswine. However, if you feel brave, I can get you acquainted to some Khaliyuna. They need their excercize." A man carries a barrel over his shoulder through the doorway, glancing at Theric, most likely to judge the distance and not run into him. He walks out and carries it down the hill. "As far as other places to go, Eetu might have a map. Or if you want work to do, I can keep my ear to the ground."

Zaluk wakes up with a start as Douzheng announces the project's completion. He leans forward and grabs his walking stick and starts trying to stand up, slowly and with some struggle.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:45:18 PM by SWAT One »

Theric and Ikhannuk stop under the eaves of the back door of Eetu's house. Ikhannuk, hunched over under the roof too low for him, sighs. "You pledged this all to him. It would be out of place for me to promise what belongs to another man. You will have to ask him."

Ikhannuk listens patiently to Theric, then speaks, "There are hunting parties that go out and hunt deer or woolswine. However, if you feel brave, I can get you acquainted to some Khaliyuna. They need their excercize." A man carries a barrel over his shoulder through the doorway, glancing at Theric, most likely to judge the distance and not run into him. He walks out and carries it down the hill. "As far as other places to go, Eetu might have a map. Or if you want work to do, I can keep my ear to the ground."

Theric shrugs, nodding. "I know I will. I just figured I'd ask to see how likely he'd say yes." Peering down at the pair of shoes, Theric sniffles before he looks back to Ikhannuk and listens to him.

"Khaliyuna sound interesting.. I also want to learn more about them, too." Theric glances at the man that hauls the barrel out, his eyes following him before Ikhannuk's voice draws his attention back. "I'd appreciate it if you'd keep an eye out for some work, thank you." he says, before he stretches. "Eetu told me about maps before, so I guess I'll be heading to him next." he says.

Beginning to walk off, Theric pauses before looking back to Ikhannuk. "Stay safe, Ikhannuk. Lemme know if you need anything." he says before heading back out unless stopped. His destination is Eetu's place, with hopes of finally getting his hands on those maps and maybe a new pair of shoes.

After watching Yana toil away at her work for a few minutes, Aif speaks; "I've no experience as a potter, but I'll lend a hand if it's wanted."

"I will speak with the town stablemaster and see if there are any available birds for you." He watches Theric walk off before turning around and speaking. He nods at the response, entering through the back entrance.

Theric comes around to the front entrance of the house to see Eetu sitting at the table out front, enjoying a drink of some steaming water with herbaceous leaves floating on top. He turns as the door opens, letting in a gust of wind and a portion of the torrent outside. Surely, Theric might not look the best right now.

By now, the torrent reaches Aif and Yana's hut.

Yana looks up and nods, "I can teach you."

Douzheng is about to offer a hand for leverage, but he hesitates. Many men would rather swallow pain instead of their pride, but many others would simply appreciate a hand getting up.

Douzheng ultimately extends his hand.

"I will speak with the town stablemaster and see if there are any available birds for you." He watches Theric walk off before turning around and speaking. He nods at the response, entering through the back entrance.

Theric comes around to the front entrance of the house to see Eetu sitting at the table out front, enjoying a drink of some steaming water with herbaceous leaves floating on top. He turns as the door opens, letting in a gust of wind and a portion of the torrent outside. Surely, Theric might not look the best right now.

Theric isn't really concerned about how he looks right now- a lot more intent on just getting this all over with. "We brought back everything, but the crash site was touched before we got there." he offers to Eetu casually. "Luckily, nothing of /real/ value was taken, but it's still troubling..."

Theric pauses, glancing down to his feet with furrowed brows before he looks back up to Eetu. "I need some shoes and those maps we talked about, then I'll finally get out of your hair once this storm passes." he offers to him.

Aif watches Yana's work closely and attempts to mimic it as best he can, in accord with Yana's instruction on the matter.

Zaluk takes Douzheng's hand and is much more easily able to rise. "Thank you. As much as it pains me to say it, I am not the man that I used to be." He takes his cane and stares briefly at the elaborate armor that lay hollow and on display, before simply sighing. "We ought to go downstairs and eat dinner. Sit at my table today."

Eetu, surprised at the boldness of Theric, simply nods, "Oh, I see... I'll get you your maps once I finish my dinner. Take whatever shoes fit you. You will probably need to dry them overnight, however."

After about half an hour, three pots are already drying, ready to be baked. "We best not bake them now." Yana says to Aif, "They can survive the damp air, but I doubt the fire will be able to bake them in this sealed hut."

Eetu, surprised at the boldness of Theric, simply nods, "Oh, I see... I'll get you your maps once I finish my dinner. Take whatever shoes fit you. You will probably need to dry them overnight, however."

Theric nods, eyeing Eetu with restrained frustration for a second or two. "I'll go get some and come back, then. I trust I can stay in the same place as before tonight to let the storm pass?" he asks. Regardless of the answer, once he gets one he's going to head off to get said shoes before trekking back- taking his time to let Eetu finish eating dinner.