Author Topic: Actual New Year's 2018 --- 117 players  (Read 21444 times)

man, there's a lot of honor student sleights on this server

it was playing pumped up kicks :v
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:44:44 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

ZOMG! Sam Hyde! Offensive...
btw this new years is less focused on the pretty builds and memes and more on the gamemodes though i've never personally tried the building contest

why is this just recycled new years 2017 with a city-freebuild-worth building with no theme and absolutely no changes whatsoever

i was actually going to join this but from the looks of it it looks like some awkward honor student hangout

i'm gonna be honest here, all cards on the table; this build just sucks outside of the main area as everything looks like it's just glued together with no coherent theme.

the streets are absolutely empty except for the occasional meme pixel art stapled onto the floor, previous new year builds had the occasional build on the side of the road such as a hotdog stand or a manhole leading to a sewer room. while these were tiny details, they were much better than absolute nothing
everything feels too big with no content filling in those spaces, the occasional dud building for decoration is fine, but when most of the buildings are just fake it becomes incredibly obvious.

the build contest is just frustrating, you have no tools to delete or change the print of a brick, meaning your only build tools is ctrl+z, paint can, and brick tool. i tried to build something but i just gave up after realizing i had none of the loving essential tools for building; i asked about this and apparently it's not cool to have build tools for a loving build contest????

look at previous new year builds, they're not massive and spread out spaces as they focus on compressing as much content into a small/medium zone; the main dance/event area of the build should *always* be the focus in one of these builds, but in this one it's off to the side and you spawn nowhere near it.

also, why is there so many loving honor student memes??? why do you need to plug your god damn discord server every few minutes in the chat???

i've been attending every new years event since 2015, and i think i'm gonna pass on this server because it just feels incomplete and not thought out as much as the previous years. the build itself looks very hastily made and carries none of the comedy and charm of the previous years.
this Won't be buried
i completely agree with this post and i have more points to add:
- SO many loving music loops and memes from before 2017. i thought the entire loving purpose of the new years server was to reflect on the year that is about to end
- who the forget thought it would be a good idea to make the spawnpoint at the corner of the map?? when i loving die becuase a stuffe admin randomly snipes me in the map i'd rather not spend so many minutes slowly walking back to the center again
- there are so many things about this server that makes me believe it was slapped together just for competition with very little planning.
- the best part of the new years servers is the people behind it who are very experienced with the game and know exactly how to make it the best ever - this server lacks so many loving new add-ons and potential tricks you could pull off and really makes me believe the people behind it aren't even that experienced with the game
- this entire server has no loving theme. the other new years server has a strong theme with their server, on the forum topic, build and so on. the build on this server is just random stuff put together with no loving color scheme, no build theme, just loving nothing. it's so dissapointing.
- i have seen NO loving references or Anything to any of the loving major events of 2017. you could've done something that mocks the 2017 youtube rewind, something to do with anything that's occurred in the year or anything.
- why is the hot tub so loving big? the entire loving point of the hot tub is the joke that it's small and everyone has to cram into it, so making it so loving big just makes it a swimming pool, lmao
- where the forget is hatmod?
- why are half of the loving buildings have interiors? just to force the map to be big for no reason?
- the buildings that have stuff in them have absolutely nothing of use or value. compared to the last new years where almost every building had an interior and each one was highly detailed and very impressive. this really makes the build looks like it was loving rushed.
- the best part about giving the users absolutely no items at all is that you then can't hide your paintcan once you get it out
- this is a great example of the amount of detail that have gone into this build
- why the forget is maxx vip?? what has any of the people who are vip ever done for the community? it's just loving people who are friends with drendren tbh which is bullstuff because vip should really go to people who have actually contributed a lot to the game

I wouldn't be complaining if this was the only new years. the point im making here is that this server has no loving purpose to exist other then to get players off of the other better new years, just for a rushed stuff that's worse.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:24:06 PM by K3k0m@n »

cool response
that means we have to flock to the chang wang one thats probably gonna crack another "im one of yuo guis pls accept me see! im all wit te new meme !11" joke

the build contest is just frustrating, you have no tools to delete or change the print of a brick, meaning your only build tools is ctrl+z, paint can, and brick tool. i tried to build something but i just gave up after realizing i had none of the loving essential tools for building; i asked about this and apparently it's not cool to have build tools for a loving build contest????
It's pretty trivial for me to give people tools my dude. It's not much of a complaint.
look at previous new year builds, they're not massive and spread out spaces as they focus on compressing as much content into a small/medium zone; the main dance/event area of the build should *always* be the focus in one of these builds, but in this one it's off to the side and you spawn nowhere near it.
Yeah, I guess that was a big flaw. No obvious stage this year.
also, why is there so many loving honor student memes??? why do you need to plug your god damn discord server every few minutes in the chat???
You mean the one picture of Sam Hyde? He's a comedian, you know that right?
i was actually going to join this but from the looks of it it looks like some awkward honor student hangout
Nah, that's just Refticus being salty.
- SO many loving music loops and memes from before 2017. i thought the entire loving purpose of the new years server was to reflect on the year that is about to end
I mean, it's just a place for people to hang out for a night. It's not some deep tribute to the year's history or whatever.
- who the forget thought it would be a good idea to make the spawnpoint at the corner of the map?? when i loving die becuase a stuffe admin randomly snipes me in the map i'd rather not spend so many minutes slowly walking back to the center again
There's spawns throughout the map.
- this entire server has no loving theme. the other new years server has a strong theme with their server, on the forum topic, build and so on. the build on this server is just random stuff put together with no loving color scheme, no build theme, just loving nothing. it's so dissapointing.

- why the forget is maxx vip?? what has any of the people who are vip ever done for the community? it's just loving people who are friends with drendren tbh which is bullstuff because vip should really go to people who have actually contributed a lot to the game
It's people that helped and/or won an event. Christ sakes man, who cares who is VIP?

Anyway, we do have a few gamemodes we didn't show today for tomorrow.
The pre-load will probably go on a bit longer then we'll shutdown until tomorrow.

lol is someone you don't like having vip a valid criticism now

It's pretty trivial for me to give people tools my dude. It's not much of a complaint.
i asked for tools and i was told that they're not cool. why can't the build contest just give you the tools automatically?
You mean the one picture of Sam Hyde? He's a comedian, you know that right?
that doesn't solve my problem and question. i could be a ruthless puppy murderer at night but a ice cream seller during the day, does being an ice cream seller automatically redeem me?
Nah, that's just Refticus being salty.
wow what a kind and caring host who insults someone giving actual loving criticism.
There's spawns throughout the map.
but that means people spawn all over the place, sometimes close to the main area and sometimes miles away, but every single new years server has players spawning in the same area.
It's people that helped and/or won an event. Christ sakes man, who cares who is VIP?
vips have additional commands to normal players, such as spamming %1 for a funny haha meme laugh and changing the music being played.

I mean, it's just a place for people to hang out for a night. It's not some deep tribute to the year's history or whatever.
the point here is that the other new years server (i would entirely change my opinion and edit my posts if their server somehow turns out to be stuff too), based on their history, is going to do much better then this, so forgetin labelling this as the 'Official Actual New Years' isn't loving right. if you're going to admit that this is worse then the other server then why the forget did you make a forum topic advertising it as being the 'Actual' one?
lol is someone you don't like having vip a valid criticism now
Lol it is when they have no forgetin reason to be vip and is someone who most people in the community hate

anyway im not gonna sit here spending more time posting about this - I'm just gonna go to the other new years and id recommend everyone else to go there too

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:46:29 PM by Vitawrap »

i asked for tools and i was told that they're not cool. why can't the build contest just give you the tools automatically?
Take a joke, my dude. The build contest now gives you hammer and printer.
that doesn't solve my problem and question. i could be a ruthless puppy murderer at night but a ice cream seller during the day, does being an ice cream seller automatically redeem me?
No, I mean, he's not a honor student. That's just a meme. He's never killed a single person.
wow what a kind and caring host who insults someone giving actual loving criticism.
I mean you just sort of assumed the dude in the bottom print shot up a school lol. Just cause he was holding a gun.
but that means people spawn all over the place, sometimes close to the main area and sometimes miles away, but every single new years server has players spawning in the same area.
Eh, we could trim down the extent of the spawns I guess. We kind of thought people would like a big city to explore.
vips have additional commands to normal players, such as spamming %1 for a funny haha meme laugh and changing the music being played.
True, but why's it so bad that Maxx can play music?

the amount of %1 and tag spam was pretty annoying ngl

the amount of %1 and tag spam was pretty annoying ngl
I could restrict it somehow. Maybe make it admin only instead of allowing vips to do it.
Anyway, our server crashed with 72 players. I'm still trying to decide what we are gonna do.
We'll definitely be open at 2pm EST tomorrow.
We may try and launch later tonight at some point.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:02:17 PM by DrenDran »