Actual New Year's 2018 --- 117 players

Author Topic: Actual New Year's 2018 --- 117 players  (Read 21463 times)

nahnahnahnah i meant like one server ddoses the other sorry that wasn't clear lol
o ya now that would be pretty forgeted

tbf, drydess said “the other server” when the guy said “both parties”
Yeah that's what I thought.
nahnahnahnah i meant like one server ddoses the other sorry that wasn't clear lol
Oh lol.

Well, I have no intentions of ddosing anyone, but I do realize if the other server goes down it will be blamed on me. I even told Nal about one or two people who might consider such a thing.

i don't think either side would stoop down to being so low on ddos'ing other servers because they don't like the other

We're doing the preload tomorrow, here's our ship;
we have a basketball court on the roof, and a bit more stuff to do.

I never said anything about a pre-load the day before. We may do a closed rehearsal.
But we do have a ship with hottubs, a mini-dancefloor, a basketball court and our own mini-cinema for those of you with Blockland Browser.  

I never said anything about a pre-load the day before. We may do a closed rehearsal.
But we do have a ship with hottubs, a mini-dancefloor, a basketball court and our own mini-cinema for those of you with Blockland Browser.  
just host a preload goddamnit

just host a preload goddamnit
I mean we're gonna open before the afternoon on the 31st. There's literally hours before the first celebration for people to download music.

We're gonna do our preload tomorrow.
We will do free gamemodes, but not tournaments. Those will be for the 31st.

Our preload is open. Server name is "New Years 2018"

sorry clique, but your server has been beat. Go Home To Mommy!

sorry clique, but your server has been beat. Go Home To Mommy!

There were 80 players on yesterday, something like 94 unique players

There were 80 players on yesterday, something like 94 unique players
Yeah I didn't post that. But yeah we've gotten about 75 so far. It's only 12:30 though.

i'm gonna be honest here, all cards on the table; this build just sucks outside of the main area as everything looks like it's just glued together with no coherent theme. it's almost as if parts of previous new years servers were just copied over to this one.

the streets are absolutely empty except for the occasional meme pixel art stapled onto the floor, previous new year builds had the occasional build on the side of the road such as a hotdog stand or a manhole leading to a sewer room. while these were tiny details, they were much better than absolute nothing
everything feels too big with no content filling in those spaces, the occasional dud building for decoration is fine, but when most of the buildings are just fake it becomes incredibly obvious.

the build contest is just frustrating, you have no tools to delete or change the print of a brick, meaning your only build tools is ctrl+z, paint can, and brick tool. i tried to build something but i just gave up after realizing i had none of the loving essential tools for building; i asked about this and apparently it's not cool to have build tools for a loving build contest????

look at previous new year builds, they're not massive and spread out spaces as they focus on compressing as much content into a small/medium zone; the main dance/event area of the build should *always* be the focus in one of these builds, but in this one it's off to the side and you spawn nowhere near it.

also, why is there so many loving honor student memes??? why do you need to plug your god damn discord server every few minutes in the chat???

i've been attending every new years event since 2015, and i think i'm gonna pass on this server because it just feels incomplete and not thought out as much as the previous years. the build itself looks very hastily made and carries none of the comedy and charm of the previous years.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:56:31 PM by Refticus »