New Linux Thread

Author Topic: New Linux Thread  (Read 7722 times)

wat
Ya they can also boot into mac, maybe I confused that name with the iclone

Ehhh..

i dont use linux but i do use cygwin.

Can i still be considered a "linux" user?

I do a lot of dev so I mainly stick to linux these days

I do a lot of dev so I mainly stick to linux these days

Well, the original unix operating system(from which linux was mainly based off) was intended to be used among developers to aid software development.

Ya they can also boot into mac, maybe I confused that name with the iclone
i think they’re confused because iOS refers to the mobile version of the apple OS. desktop version is referred to as OSX or just macOS

why use ubuntu
when you have the superior windows 7 OS

Linux is so much faster tho

arch is the best distro and thats final

arch is the best distro and thats final

arch is awesome but it sucks compared to fedora or debian. i've used arch on and off for YEARS and i love pacman and how you can literally build anything for it with the AUR but i've been fickle with it.

i'm trying to install debian because forget ubuntu (they just pulled 17.10 because it bricks lenovo laptops) on my thinkpad as we speak. coming from fedora 27.

a bug in ubuntu 17.10 caused BIOS corruption on systems with an insyde bios, making it so you cant save bios settings and you cant boot from cd or usb. pretty major forgetup, i must say.
it looks like they released a new version of the linux kernel that reverses the corruption, luckily, but if you wiped your hdd then you're pretty much screwed. also it doesnt fix every system affected by the bug.

Linux is so much faster tho
for like the 6 games you can run on it

for like the 6 games you can run on it

linux wasnt really made for gaming but ok

been using linux on some of my pcs for about a year now

no regerts

why use ubuntu
when you have the superior windows 7 OS
windows 7 is like using windows XP, it's only good if you need legacy and old driver support