Glass' Trench Wars (More Updates)

Poll

Which server do you prefer?

Fort Wars
45 (46.4%)
Trench Wars
52 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Author Topic: Glass' Trench Wars (More Updates)  (Read 30454 times)

Honestly, I'm against having dirt converted into points because that's forcing players to isolate themselves from combat.  This option would have players abstain from eliminating foes and/or capturing the flag, which are more efficient methods of gaining points.  Another reason is that it provokes the habit of players making the map entirely wrecked to the point where players struggle with navigation.  The server will end up having hermits who painfully scramble the arena while isolating themselves from earning points productively.
Oh wow that's true, didn't even think of that lol.

Well, in a way it would make people dig to grind points then get their set-up they want, THEN they would go all out in combat, but yeah there'd definitely be a difference in terms of combat that would be noticeable in the beginning.

Honestly, I'm against having dirt converted into points because that's forcing players to isolate themselves from combat.  This option would have players abstain from eliminating foes and/or capturing the flag, which are more efficient methods of gaining points.  Another reason is that it provokes the habit of players making the map entirely wrecked to the point where players struggle with navigation.  The server will end up having hermits who painfully scramble the arena while isolating themselves from earning points productively.
Well, mining points for dirt is an extremly inefficient strategy to get points. 1pt per 100 dirt is nothing. You could kill multiple players or capture a block in that time. Worst comes to worse it ends up being a fluke and we can disable selling dirt.

The stategy I was kinda going for is it gives people who work on massuve walls and tunnels a rewars for their work. Albeit small.

thing is, as it stands nearly nobody actually digs as much as you'd expect in a trench wars server. the map reset earlier today and for a solid half hour i was the only one building up a defense despite constantly being pushed against, before i left since nobody was helping me

quarrying and grinding for dirt just isn't worth the 15 point per full inventory, so i think it'd be great to have a byproduct for helping out with the defense

Server is up. Might look at finding more administrators to help me run the server as I am not always around to start it.

Don’t ask me for it, i’ll find them on my own.

List of things updated today.

• Ability to buy killstreaks in the shop rather than wait for you to earn it (Expensive, one use per buy)
  • Speed Shovel/Placer
  • Buy/Sell Dirt

Ability to buy killstreaks in the shop rather than wait for you to earn it (Expensive, one use per buy)

how do you buy killstreaks

Go into the items room of shop. Airstrike is 75pt per use and Nuke is 200pt.

i'm actually really proud of this

jesus, did you use the nuke on it or...?

Sit glitch has been patched.

Before Patch
Player is unable to be shot due to hit box only covering his legs.

After Patch
When attempting to crouch while sitting, it will automatically unsit you.

Triple Post Wooo

Please participate in a survey about the server. This is everyone's chance to make your opinion heard and to give us valuable feedback on what needs to be worked on.

Survey ends Febuary 8th.

***If you are an admin do not participate***

Click Here To Participate
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:26:26 AM by Clear Glass »

Sit glitch has been patched.

Damn thats handy.  Is it releasable as a standalone addon?

Damn thats handy.  Is it releasable as a standalone addon?
I didn't create it, so i'm in no position to release it. You'd have to talk to Eagle.