7 (46.7%)
Only as NPCs.
1 (6.7%)
No.
0 (0%)
I don't care either way.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Colonial Dysfunction [1.25 Days Until Arrival | Malfunctions]  (Read 13453 times)

Colonial Dysfunction

You suddenly find yourself regaining consciousness. Why is it so cold? What is this frosted-over glass in front of me? What is that annoying alarm? The glass moves and lifts off vertically. Facing you are a number of pods and others seem to be opening. Some other people are exiting them. Oh, that's right...

You wake up from cryo-stasis on a long voyage aboard the TES Nomad to colonize a faraway planet deemed habitable, named simply, Vos.

As you regain your memory over the next few minutes, you check the watch on your wrist. It seems to have never run out of power in the... 380 years that you've been on this voyage. Your watch indicates that there are only 2 days left until the Nomad reaches Vos.

I guess now would be a good time to get acquainted.

Who are you?

You may begin once accepted. Copy this information into a reply and replace the field with the information you want. Ex: [NAME] could become Michael Yates. Feel free to add other details and format as you want. {Item1;Item2;...} indicates a choice list for any of the items included.
Code: (Character Application) [Select]
[b]CHARACTER APPLICATION[/b]
Name: [u][NAME][/u]
love: [u]{Male;Female;Automaton*}[/u]
Occupation*: [u][OCCUPATION][/u]
Appearance: [APPEARANCE*]
*Occupation = Your occupation before you ere ent on this voyage.
*APPEARANCE = Either a written description, an image, or both.
*Automatons are relegated to all roles beneathe middle management for civilian roles, and middle officer for military roles. Automatons are humanoid, do not have any organic flesh, and appear as either loveually dimorphous or neuter.

Characters

William "Bill" Newhope, Engineer (Mechanical & Structural)
1Lt. Jack Cooper, Pilot
Giovanni "Geo" Muratore, Spvsr. Engineer (Mechanical)
SA-25 "Bobby", Security Personnel
John Hero, Sanitation Technician

Rules

I won't try to be too imposing, but I gotta have some rules so the game is fair to play for everyone.

• No auto-hitting or power-gaming. There won't be too much need to enforce this as long as you try to perform actions that your character would know. Additionally, super powers are not a thing, but feel free to ask me in a PM if you can use anything of that sort.
  • No meta-gaming. If you hear information OOC (Out of Character), your character does not automatically know it.
  • Typically as a rule of thumb, just wait for GM reply unless it's dialogue, related to dialogue, or some other menial task.
  • You can only run one character at once as long as they are alive, but may go through however many characters you want.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:34:36 PM by SWAT One »

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: William "Bill" Newhope
love: Male
Occupation*: Engineer
Appearance: A man of average height and stocky frame. Light skin and chisled facial features framed by facial shadow. Brown hair and serious blue eyes.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:31:37 AM by SWAT One »

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: John Hallen
Appearance: A tall person but very slim. Seems to be a result of intense pilot training. Small beard. Very light skin.

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Accepted.

Bill and John see alerts requesting that they report for an all-crew meeting at the on-board conference hall. Their superiors were supposed to also contact them, but they're receiving nothing from them.

Bill looks increasingly worried about the fact that not all of these pods are opening and begins walking to the access terminal. A tram is waiting there already. Looks like it leaves in about 10 minutes. He boards it and looks around for a moment. With no one seeming to enter, however, he looks around—There's a coffee vendor across from the platform. forget, if I've been asleep for 380 years, I better make sure I stay awake.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:03:21 PM by SWAT One »

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Jack Cooper
Occupation*: Pilot
Appearance: Jack stands at around 6'1" with a flight uniform that matches his rather bulky frame rather well. The brown hair on his head is trimmed in a crew cut, and his jaw is shaved.

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Accepted.

Jack gets a notification to attend the meeting as well. There are no messages from his superior. Pretty sure they said they would be sending messages around now in orientation.

Bill presses a button on the coffee-dispensing machine. A cup drops behind a small plastic window and the machine begins humming as it begins to grind up the means inside. He yawns and stretches his arms up in the air, fists balled.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:38:48 PM by SWAT One »

Jack has the usual post-cryo hang-over, but then regains his bearings, and walks over to the tram. He keeps his hand on his forehead however to try to nurse his headache.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:38:51 PM by Agent Legit 22 »

Bill spots Jack as he arrives at the tram across the way. "Hey." He points at the timer display in big red numbers. 8:37. "You got a while until it leaves. There's coffee over here."

The vending machine finishes dispensing coffee and Bill takes the cot cup out of the dispenser.

Jack groans slightly and activates the vending machine to dispense him coffee. As it does this, he rubs his forehead. Once the coffee comes out, he takes a sip of it, and takes a seat on one of the benches in the Tram station.

Bill lets a few moments pass in sinence and sits down. He sips the coffee and grimmaces, looking with disgust into the cup. "This has to be the worst coffee I've had."

"You hear anything from leadership? I thought they were supposed to send us something."

Jack, having some of the fog from his head cleared, shakes his head at Bill. "Nothing from my superiors, yours?"

"Nothing..."

6:13.

No one has boarded the tram yet. The hallways are clear.

Bill shakes his head, realizing he'd been spacing out for about a minute now.

"Sorry, name's Bill, Bill Newhope, Engineering." He extends a hand.

"Nice to meet ya' Bill, I'm Jack Cooper, Pilot.", Jack puts his coffee in his other hand to extend his hand in a handshake.

John decides to go to the meeting without any questions. Rigorous training and being awake after 380 years probably did stuff to his mind. He boards the tram and just stays there.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:30:43 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

Bill shakes Jack's hand and smiles, returning to his normal posture before taking another sip of his coffee while taking another look at the timer. 5:37

I just can't shake this nervous feeling. The cryostasis chambers were supposed to open. I would take a look at them, but the whole situation is starting to scare me.

Bill hears footsteps round a corner to his left, and turns his head accordingly, watching John walk across the platform and into the tram. Bill nods in his direction. "Hey." Bill stands and begins to walk in the direction of the tram, "You see anyone else come out of the pods or is it just us?"