7 (46.7%)
Only as NPCs.
1 (6.7%)
No.
0 (0%)
I don't care either way.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Colonial Dysfunction [1.25 Days Until Arrival | Malfunctions]  (Read 13727 times)

"Aye, it does make me nervous."

Bill turns to face the security automaton as its noisy ambling alerts them to its presence long before it reaches them. He looks the bot up and down, takes a sip from his coffee, and listens to what he has to say. "Why would there be any human stowaways alive after 380 years, Bobby? The only possible stowaways would be rogue automatons—that would be your department, not ours."

"Anyone else see any rogue automatons around here?"

Jack resisted the urge to look around the room as he takes out his identification for the Automaton. "Might as well."

Bill also takes out his identification, complying with the security officer.

Bobby looks at Jack's identification, it looks at him then says "'Aight mate, you are clear"

Bobby then looks at Bill's identifcation card, then says "You to cobber. Also here is the deal about those bloody stowaways, 380 years ago, many families might have boarded the ship in an attempt to get a new chance at life, they might have had loveual intercourse with other families, or the much more disgusting alternative, amongst themselves to spread their genes far, far into the future. They could have stolen necessary food, that YOU needed for the colonization process. There is also the alternative of people killing each other or stealing each other's placce on this ship to gain the privilage of being one of the many people on this brand new adventure and journey, and as you know, by earth's laws, murder or theft is punishable by the law, and WE are the law here."

Bill narrows his eyes at Bobby, "Each of the passengers were individually scanned, each bit of the cargo was carefully inspected. It does you no good to place your job on us. It's your job to ensure that everyone is accounted for, and..." he motions to the vast, empty hall, "You might need to review your directive."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:43:24 PM by SWAT One »

Jack looks at Bill. "Do you want to check out those pods? Do you think that they're on some sort of delay?"

"Aye. Sure will. Can't attend this meeting if there's no one speaking. Anyone else wanna check up on the pods?"

Bobby stares at Bill for a couple of seconds he then says
"I assure you, the pods are fine, you might have woken up earlier than expected, or maybe you are required to do some maintainance on the ship before we arrive. Hell, for all I know you might be required to mop the floors of the ship, to make it look clean."

"Our briefing was that all humans would wake up at the exact same time. And no, you saw my ID. I'm in engineering. This is my concern and I'm certainly not in Sanitation. Anyone who wants to come, I could use a set of eyes or hands." Bill turns and begins walking away toward the exit.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING" Bobby yells.

"Doing my job. You gonna arrest me for doing my job?" Bill continues walking.

Jack follows Bill down the hall. "Bobby, relax. We're just concerned is all, and if you have any programming to compensate for worry, then you'd come along too." Jack turned back to Bill. "Whadd'ia think happened?"

Bobby suddenly says "WAIT, YOU ARE AN ENGINEER, RIGHT ?"

Jack follows Bill down the hall. "Bobby, relax. We're just concerned is all, and if you have any programming to compensate for worry, then you'd come along too." Jack turned back to Bill. "Whadd'ia think happened?"

"I don't know. We're still traveling. Anything could happen in 380 years. In the best case scenario, we're the first out. In the worst, people were already let out."

He hushes his voice and leans toward Jack. "We might need the constable in case anyone came out earlier, but I don't trust the volatile bugger."

Bobby suddenly says "WAIT, YOU ARE AN ENGINEER, RIGHT ?"
Bill turns on his heals sarcastically, mouth half agape, "Yes, that is what my ID card said."

"Well, we had a bit of an... "accident" in the engine room"