7 (46.7%)
Only as NPCs.
1 (6.7%)
No.
0 (0%)
I don't care either way.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Colonial Dysfunction [1.25 Days Until Arrival | Malfunctions]  (Read 13671 times)

Geo sighs. "Alright. Give me a full situation report on what's going on. Judging by how I woke up, and by who woke me up... I presume something is very awry, yes?"

"Well, I'll tell you what I know."

"We...", Bill points at just himself and Jack, "...oh, this is Jack—woke up in the cryopods and got out successfully. I didn't see any others open. Down the hall, there are thousands left unopened, as far as we know. We arrived to take the tram station for transport to Convocation, but we were also the only ones there. Naturally, we had hoped that other stations picked up others, but only two trams that arrived were populated. The only other one carried a single security automaton, SA-025. We arrived at Conference Hall A for the meeting. The systems had been connected and booted, but no channels were connected, no audience—All 100,000 seats empty. Senior leadership was not there to receive us. Not even maintenance automotons were there. Th security bot seemed to question us rather harshly, we uh, might need to see about a reset in it's Human Social Engagement protocol, by the way. I sent him to Cargo Bay B in the event that we weren't the first to wake up and the colony's food supplies had been broken into. Then, we came back down here—I had to override a tram line for this area's service and routed the tram call button to alert me, just in case anyone arrived there—no one did, yet, at least. On the way back on the tram, Jack discovered on his data pad that cameras 8 and 9 on the all-access external streaming service were either not connected or are missing. We still don't know the cause. Finally, we came here and had to break you out of the cryopod you were in. It's preservation had stopped, and it still maintained anesthetics flow, but the atmospheric regulator had partially broken, and the cover was locked. it required the override of a medical officer to open, and I had to take manual action. Looks like you tried to get out from inside, judging by the apparent struggle on the inside of the glass. And uh, from there, we pulled you out and dragged you here. Sorry I had to use a rather crude method to wake you up, but uh—That's all I had. And that's all we have for now..."

After a pause, he asks, simply, "Can you stand, sir?" He stands up and holds out a hand for Geo.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:25:16 PM by SWAT One »

As Bill briefed Geo on the situation, Jack pulled out his datapad and got curious. He tried to see if he could detect if air or pressure was missing in certain rooms/areas of the ship. If he can do that, then he keys up where Cameras 8 & 9 are attached to, by the outside wall, at least.

Jack isn't able to retrieve that data. A prompt says simply, "This information is either missing off-limits to you."

Jack grunts slightly at this, and turns to Bill as his explanation finishes. "Speaking of dire circumstances, can any of you see the pressure and oxygen on the decks and rooms?", He asks the two of them.

The automated local PA system chimes, "The J-Tram will depart in 10 minutes."

John Hero awakens and rises from his pod. He exits, confused on what to do, he decides to wait.

John sees a notification on his watch. It tells him to report to Conference Hall A for Convocation. It gives him a route to the tram service.

Bobby continiues to patrol the storage room

Geo resignedly sighs, and attempts to stand. While dizzy, he manages to stay on his feet.

"The gas hasn't worn off, but I'll stay awake. It's quite obvious that the ship's run into issues, judging by what you've told me. Judging by the fact that we're still alive, it's safe to presume that the root of this situation wasn't someone--or something--with murderous intent. You- er, Jack- the ship's primary atmospherics systems probably aren't at any serious risk. My biggest concern is the cryonics- you two got out safely, but it was little more than luck that saved me. I can't say I actually remember it, but the scabs on my fingertips tell me that I was conscious in there at some point, and I realized that I needed to get out. It's possible that the cycling mechanism got caught in a loop somewhere, and as a result, I was taken off the gas for a while. Eventually, though, the cycling system self-terminated, and the pod resumed regular function... save for, of course, the actual cryonics."

He sighs again, with a slightly more exasperated demeanor, and continues:

"You two, statistically speaking, probably weren't the first to wake up. If there is an active crewman aboard already, we should initially assume that he's a threat, judging by the fact that if he exists, he's made few efforts towards reviving the rest of us. I suppose contingency states that I'm currently the big fish, so it's time to get to work, boys. We're going to go to automaton storage and get ourselves a small army of helpers, which we'll use to deal with the cryonics problem."

John strolls off to Conference Hall A after looking at the notification.

// i'm just curious, what is everyone wearing? overalls, jumpsuit??

"Sounds good to me", Jack nods.

Bobby searches for another hour. Seems like no one has been through these crates, at least that he can see. By now, he has scanned around 94% of the floor. There is also an upper level catwalk that lines the walls about 30 meters up. It can only be accessed by a few ladders, with accompanying signs written in both English and AUVL, that say, "No Automatons." The catwalk also connects to a control room for the giant crane that lines the ceiling, and has a door at the back of it.

"We have no idea. To be honest with you, we only woke about an hour ago, maybe less. Well then, let's go." Bill walks with the others toward the tram line, taking out his data pad and tapping a few controls and buttons before Geo's watch display lights up. "Tram control is yours."

Bill's watch lights up just before they're about to round the corner.

"Hey wait." He says in a hushed tone. He makes a 'stop' motion with his hands and points around the corner.

John arrives at the tram, but it simply says "Manual Override". It won't respond to him.

(Every civilian wears a jumpsuit kinda thing. Shoulder patches indicate department, kinda like Star Trek uniforms. Military wears specialized jumpsuits.)