7 (46.7%)
Only as NPCs.
1 (6.7%)
No.
0 (0%)
I don't care either way.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Colonial Dysfunction [1.25 Days Until Arrival | Malfunctions]  (Read 13833 times)

Bill joins Geo and John in the tram. Bobby's tram stops short of the station and Geo's watch blips, informing him that a tram is backed up at their station.

Jack, being in the tram with them, looks back at the other tram, and sighs at the sight of the Automaton

"Well... We'll talk in transit."

Geo brings his forearm up to his face again. First, he locks down the controls of the second tram. He then links his watch to the tram's controls, and manually overrides the cart. He orders the other tram to dock to his own, and reroutes the two coupled carts toward the ship's automaton storage area. As the trams begin to move, he connects the two trams' intercom systems.

"You, in the tram. Name and occupation? Wait..."

Geo looks more closely through the glass.

"You're an automaton...? Bloody hell, these trams are straight out of a horror movie. Nevertheless, what's your designation, bot?"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:55:47 PM by Juncoph »

Bill waits until Geo lifts his finger off the intercom mic button. "Be careful. This one's a bit volitile."

Geo's brow furrows in response. He taps a certain few buttons on his wrist.

John simply observes what is to happen next.

Bobby looks around, then spots the other tram. "Hello citzens, i am SA-25, but you can call me Bobby. I am the designated public security automaton of this spaceship, now please, introduce yourself"

"John Hero, Sanitation Technician."

Bill checks to see that the mic button is not down before saying with a crooked smile, "Designated... That's a laugh."

Bobby replies "I can arrest you for contempt towards the colony's/ship's security."

"Shouldn't be too long until we get to the storage area. We'll update twenty-five's firmware there- for the sake of budgeting, we took off before all of the AIs were running the latest revisions- the intent was to do all the updating once we'd arrived, but it seems an exception's gotta be made here."

Geo clears his throat, before pressing the mic button, and states: "SA-25, I am the acting executive director, per this ship's contingency plans. As of now, your primary objective is to aid our group- there are no known conscious crewmembers besides us."

The tram train eventually arrives at a station, but the station inticates that it's not the Automaton Bay, but instead the main Engineering section.

"Maybe this is where we can find the problem with the cryotubes?" John asks.

"Should be."

The doors of the first tram open. Bobby's tram continues to stay shut. Bill exits off the tram and onto the platform, heading for the engineering unit ahead.

Jack, being very quiet for no reason, decides to say. "It's gotta be. You engie techs now what you're doing.", after saying that, he follows Bill out.