7 (46.7%)
Only as NPCs.
1 (6.7%)
No.
0 (0%)
I don't care either way.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Colonial Dysfunction [1.25 Days Until Arrival | Malfunctions]  (Read 13716 times)

"What is it?" Jack says in a hushed voice.

Geo stops, per Bill's warning. He checks his watch for a moment, and locks down the tram. He points at Bill, then his own eyes, and finally, the corner.

The doors on John's tram shut suddenly. The view panel now says "Transport Locked: Please wait for security."

Bill peeks around the corner and takes a look, trying to be discreet as possible. He then pulls his head back.

"Just one guy. Couldn't tell from his uniform but he looks like he might be in engineering, sanitation, or clerical-administrative."

"Alright, let's go check him out. I doubt he's got his hands on anything worse than a wrench. Stay close, both of you."

Geo straightens back up, and walks around the corner with a faint tinge of smugness in his face. He approaches the closed tram.

Bobby looks at the sign and says "Well i can't break the law, since I am the law. I should finish this floor, then I should call for Bill and Jack..."
He then proceeds to finish the floor scanning.

Bill follows Geo with a normal, but confident stride.

Bobby finishes scanning the floor. No one seems to have broken into the containers or tried to damage anything holding the containers in place.

John sees three men walking toward him from down the hall.

"Hey, whats your name?" Jack asks John as he approaches.

Bobby goes back into the tram to report to Jack and Bill.

"John." replies to Jack.

He takes a good look at the men.

"Are you security?" John questions the men.

"Well, we're not. But, we're all in an interesting situation. Have you seen anyone else go out of the cryo pods instead of yourself?", Jack asks John

Bill exhales, glowering at Jack from behind and exchanging a look with Geo.

Bobby remains in transit.

"Hey, whats your name?" Jack asks John as he approaches.
"Well, we're not. But, we're all in an interesting situation. Have you seen anyone else go out of the cryo pods instead of yourself?", Jack asks John

Geo sends Jack an ominously intense look of disapproval in response to his disregard for caution.

"John." replies to Jack.

He takes a good look at the men.

"Are you security?" John questions the men.

Geo tentatively points out the rank on his uniform. It is that of an engineering lead supervisor.

"I'm currently the closest thing to authority awake right now, besides the suspicious security bots."

Geo pauses for a moment, before continuing:

"Are you armed, John?"

Jack catches the look Geo is sending him, and displays his own deeply confused look at him.

Nope.
Geo sends Jack an ominously intense look of disapproval in response to his disregard for caution.

Geo tentatively points out the rank on his uniform. It is that of an engineering lead supervisor.

"I'm currently the closest thing to authority awake right now, besides the suspicious security bots."

Geo pauses for a moment, before continuing:

"Are you armed, John?"
And nah. I just woke up just about 5 minutes ago.

Geo looks at John for a moment, before eventually relenting. With a tap on the wrist, the door bolts in the tram audibly disengage, and the lockdown warnings are removed.

"Sorry for lockin' you in. Something's very wrong, and I suppose fate's making us find out. For now, stay with us. We're going to the storage bay to activate some bots."

With a wave towards the tram, Geo looks to Jack and Bill as he joins John in the vehicle.

"Come on, then. Time is life, assuming I'm not the only one whose pod malfunctioned dangerously."