7 (46.7%)
Only as NPCs.
1 (6.7%)
No.
0 (0%)
I don't care either way.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Colonial Dysfunction [1.25 Days Until Arrival | Malfunctions]  (Read 13831 times)

"Yeah, right." Jack sits up from the seat as the tram jolts into the stop. "Lets get investigatin'.", Jack says as he steps out of the Tram

They disembark the tram and make their way into the Hall that they came from. He walks up to the pod that he came from and holds up his datapad, looking at it as he types into it and glancing occasionally at the pod.

"Seeing nothing wrong here. Let's try this one."

Bill steps to his left and checks that one, completing the same procedure as before, but this time, it takes longer to load and a rather large dialog box shows up.

"Hm.."

He scans it again. Same result.

"Well, the person in here's alive and still preserved."

He does this again with 4 more random pods.

"This one's alive, too."
"And this one."
"Yep."
"Same story here."

He gets ready to scan another one and turns to Jack, "You know, I'm not seeing any sort of timing problem on these, only 'Emergency lockdown—problem unknown. Contact Diagnostics Center.'"

"Do you think the algorithm is taking out the most capable people to fix the problem to?", Jack says as he wipes his hand on a random cryopod, trying to see if he can remove the ice thats over the glass.

Sorry if my inputs are delayed, since im doing stuff. Also lets just say Bobby entered the tram with the crews

Bobby follows after Jack and Bill and along with Jack he steps out of the tram
"Well if the algorithm is taking out the most capable people to fix the problem, the algorithm isn't doing a good job it seems, now lets go and contact the diagnostics center"

"It says nothing about an algorithm," Bill says, tapping a few digital buttons before the same dialog shows up on his data pad.

He closes out the dialog and the program that he was using to access the pods' data.

The overhead PA system announces that the E-Tram line is leaving in 1 minute. Bill opens up some other program and links types in a few buttons, where a loading bar pops up and displays a map and a route through the ship.

"Bobby, I'm not sure if we're the first ones, but I need you to check the food storage unit for me. Let's hope we are, and your suspicions about there being crew members on board that woke up early are not true." Bill intermittently squints at the bot's name tag ID and types down the info on the pad. Bobby receives the directions on his HUD.

"Sure thing cobber." Bobby replies and heads straight towards his destination.

"Alright, what about the engines?", Jack says

Bobby's journeys take him through a tram line and several transfers. Eventually, he reaches a huge area with several thousand shipping containers. This might take a while to search with this lack of manpower.

"Alright, what about the engines?", Jack says
"We'll go in a minute, just gonna check this pod. Something seems off. The stasis light isn't on."

He taps a few buttons on his data pad. "Huh, this isn't right."

He presses down a button, then holds his finger over a black circle at the bottom of the pad, holding it down. *Access Denied: Need certified medical officer?*

"Damnit! Override!"

*Access Denied: Need Certified–*

"OVERRIDE!"

*Access Denied: Need Certi–*

"DAMNIT!"

Bill slams his fists on the glass with a grunt. "Jack. We need to break this open."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 04:12:01 PM by SWAT One »

Bobby looks around and says "Well this might take a while, i could try to call for more security automatons..."

Music

Jack seems confused. "Wait, is someone in trouble in there?" He looks around for something to wield.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:36:22 PM by Agent Legit 22 »

"He's unconscipus. Cryo-preservation has stopped, and the atmospheric controls and locking mechanism has failed."

Bill looks to his right and left and quickly spots an emergency box on one the pillars. "There." Bill jogs over and greaks the emergency glass on the box, retrieving a small emergency supplies kit. He jogs back and sets it down on the ground. Kneeling down, he retrieves an axe and holds it out to Jack, "Break the glass with the blunt side, on the side-curve of the window so if it goes through, it doesn't hurt him. I'll try to disable the security alarms..."

Bill begins frantically tapping away at his data-pad, breathing anxiously and heavily.

Jack sees that there are hand prints and scratch marks on the inside of the glass. Evidence of resistance.

Jack takes the axe and flips it over to it's blunt side, and he raises it up over his head. With a guttural scream, which is more or less dramatic effect, he strikes down the glass with the blunt side of the axe.

The glass cracks and a steam comes out and spills on the floor from out of a small hole made where the axe hit. Before Jack swings again Bill stops him. "Wait wait WAIT!"

Bill shuffles around in the box again and procures two gas masks. "Don't breathe that. It's keeping him unconscious. I'll try and shut off the atmospheric regulators." Bill puts on his mask.

He taps buttons on the pad and it stops. "C'mon, c'mon!"

"Okay have at!"

Jack slips the gas mask on, and strikes once more.

More large cracks appear. A bunch of glass sand falls down.

"Keep going."