Poll

if the did you join in the walkout

yes
no
I didn't know about it

Author Topic: did you participate in the walkout/walk for our lives  (Read 11959 times)

so like

our principal delayed the day to 4/20

weed

it's literally just the Annoying Orange "#notmypresident" protests without the violence

literally stop being productive and making your lives better to virtue signal about some stupid bullstuff you know nothing about

it's literally just the Annoying Orange "#notmypresident" protests without the violence

literally stop being productive and making your lives better to virtue signal about some stupid bullstuff you know nothing about
What.
At my school "Annoying Orange" was never said even once.

The only name that was ever said was "Chris Sununu"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:22:58 PM by Outland Predator »

my school did it but they had everyone go to the gym and sit down instead because it was literally 30 degrees outside
i didn't participate because i wanted to play mtg with my friend and so i did lol

What.
At my school "Annoying Orange" was never said even once.

this kind of response is why you stay in school

It was snowing when we did it so instead of walking around town like the original plan, we just stood in front of the entryway.

this kind of response is why you stay in school
???
We were pushing the responsibility on congress, not Annoying Orange.

???
We were pushing the responsibility on congress, not Annoying Orange.

responsibility of what

I had completely handicapped opinions when I was in high school

this but also
i find that this protest is very unlikely to actually produce any positive outcome, as well as i don't agree with the message
while yes i agree that guns in the us are a bit ridiculous, focusing on taking away one avenue for people to cause harm does not take away the actual thoughts of causing harm to themselves, or others. focusing on mental health is a much more important avenue that the us needs to focus on, not gun reform in itself.

i mean it's all about muh guns in the current administration so what's really going to happen-- lawmakers make some stupid ass compromise and avoid the real problem backing it? have you noticed that nearly all of the honor students in recent times have either had a mental disability/have a history of being bullied? and-- i don't mean focusing on bullying in the hand-holding kind of way that it's currently being done. that's bullstuff, and the system doesn't work. i speak from personal experience.
Where do I go to upvote this post

students should have a say in what's going on---especially when it concerns them---but honestly it's amazing how many kids do the walkout just to skip ten minutes of class, and it's also amazing how little kids that do the walkout even bothered to do the research. looking at my schools recording of it i can say with ease that the ones who did it because they agreed with it only did it because "hmmm shootings have guns so guns are bad"
what im getting at is that walkouts are dumb in general; if you want to have a political say in things while you're in high school, organize a rally or something after school yourself and actually look into the stuff you're protesting