did you participate in the walkout/walk for our lives

Poll

if the did you join in the walkout

yes
no
I didn't know about it

Author Topic: did you participate in the walkout/walk for our lives  (Read 11613 times)

we didn't have no shootings when GOD was in our schools!

1 like equals 1 amen!

I wonder how many people walked out just to avoid class for 7 minutes.

I wonder how many people walked out just to avoid class for 7 minutes.
It was 17, not 7. My school counts students truant if they miss more than 15 minutes of class.  I don't think anyone did--you don't get any make-up time for work missed during a truancy. I don't think anyone was willing to get that sort of mark on their record in exchange for 17 minutes of standing around outside an office building chanting with signs. I think pretty much everyone was there for political purposes, or maybe in a few cases just from peer pressure (although 5x as many students remained in class... so...).

This is something I've heard from a lot of people, that we only left class to get out of our work. But that's frankly ridiculous. 17 minutes of protesting isn't very much fun. If it was an all-day skip where we went to laser-tag or something, that might make sense.

My school tried to screw us over in an illegal way, basically telling teachers to refuse to allow students who left class to finish their work once they got back. They changed that policy pretty fast (at least for my classes) after they got a not-so-friendly call from my parents (who are attorneys).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:51:41 PM by McZealot »

17 minutes to complain about guns doesnt sound like fun.

17 minutes to shoot guns on the other hand, that sounds fun.

I didn't participate in the walkout mainly because I didn't agree with how people are pushing the gun reform.

I think, Zealot, that the assumption was *missing classes... with zero consequences*.

I dunno if your school represents the response of all schools.

wtf not smart. haven't u played fortnite bro? standing out in the open that long dude ur just an easy target for enemy to shoot at.
Gamer wisdom right here, we need more gamers in congress and in the police force.

17 minutes to complain about guns doesnt sound like fun.

17 minutes to shoot guns on the other hand, that sounds fun.

Gamer wisdom right here, we need more gamers in congress and in the police force.
gotta agree

There was an amusing study a while back comparing response time and firearm accuracy between trained police officers and gamers who had never used weapons before irl. It found that the gamers were vastly superior to police in both fields.

without ammo yea but i meant more it's shape than weight
theyre like the most ergonomic rifles ever man
unless you shot one with a longer than normal barrel

Most of my Comp Sci class left for the walkout. The only people that stayed with me were the conservative kids, and one or two that just didn't care about it. I thought it was stupid, and that a walkout won't solve anything. For now I stand by my opinion.

just participated. was kinda cool

for those of you who don't know the march for our lives is a protest for gun right or something to stop school shootings. it happened today at 10am nationwide people walked out of their school for 7 minutes

did you participate?

/Facepalm

Or something

I would honestly walk into a anti abortion protest without knowing it and preform a live abortion in the middle of the crowd

well arent you an edgy little autism fairy
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:03:25 PM by Kearn »