Which game are you most excited for?

FALLOUT 76
31 (42.5%)
THE ELDER SCROLLS IV
27 (37%)
STARFIELD
15 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: FALLOUT 76 THREAD | THE FINAL FALLOUT MEGATHREAD  (Read 42291 times)

I still get some pretty  i n t e n s e  memories of leaving vault 101 when I hear the fallout 3 theme. I think fallout 3 was the first RPG I'd ever played. it will always have a special place in my heart
god fallout 3 was probably my first RPG too. i remember i was young when it first came out and i always just hung out around the megaton/springvale area too scared to venture any further into the wasteland. it was a long long time before i ever went to super duper mart or tenpenny

my favorite song from 3 was probably the jazzy interlude. none of the APM Music songs from 3 made it into 4 so they'll always just remind me of the capital wasteland, and honestly I think I prefer it that way. they really fit the vibe there and I don't think they would've as well in 4.

big iron is a good song, and I liked grandma plays the numbers (which introduced me to wynonie harris who made a lot of songs which I think are fallout-worthy)

anyway. fallout 76 looks like it occupies that niche between fallout and rust, and i am exactly that niche. so i'm ready for that.

Fallout 4 forced you to basically become a good guy killing raiders for no reason.

They didn't even attempt to give most of the raiders a backstory, it's just some guy you have to kill because he's bad!

New Vegas knew how to tell stories.

has anybody been able to get NV to run without crashing every 5 minutes on windows 10? i've tried NVAC, NVSR, updating drivers, and everything else to get a stable game but i'm getting frequent crashes. i'm not running any ENB's, the game runs at 60fps, and i've only got about 60 mods (that are all compatable)
i just wanna kill some profligates mane :(

has anybody been able to get NV to run without crashing every 5 minutes on windows 10? i've tried NVAC, NVSR, updating drivers, and everything else to get a stable game but i'm getting frequent crashes. i'm not running any ENB's, the game runs at 60fps, and i've only got about 60 mods (that are all compatable)
i just wanna kill some profligates mane :(

Sometimes it's just bad code execution on the mod's end or something broke the engine's constraints; I have about 15-20 mods on my current playthrough of NV and it almost crashes like clockwork whenever going into a building or dungeon. The engine is crap anyways, wasn't stable to begin with, so having the extra mods doesn't help it either.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:29:16 AM by Kochieboy »

Do you guys think they will sell Fallout 76 on Steam or have it be a Bethesda Launcher exclusive? They have Fallout 4 on Steam but with the "social" aspect of 76 I wouldn't be surprised if it was exclusive.

if you're having issues crashing in in New Vegas, there's a mod that allocates more memory to its cache, meaning new vegas can eat up much more before crashing.

here it is. i got tired of the crashing and found this, it works like a charm.
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35262

Fallout 76 beta is set to open in October and people who pre-ordered will have a chance to get in https://beth.games/2JMBVHZ

Fallout 76 beta is set to open in October and people who pre-ordered will have a chance to get in https://beth.games/2JMBVHZ
they corrected themselves

still kind of a stuffty move to beta test the month before release

https://youtu.be/aPtAjvtJhf8

a trailer for fallout miami, a fallout 4 mod, has been revealed

its looking cool

Todd was very misleading about "single player"

He tells everyone that they can play solo. The crowd cheers.

Of course he means you can play by yourself in an online world with other players, but not singleplayer.

they corrected themselves

still kind of a stuffty move to beta test the month before release

It's a stuffty move to force people to pre-order the game to test the beta.

Man, two big total conversion mods being made at the same time. I hope I have enough free time in the near future to give them a try.

Man, two big total conversion mods being made at the same time. I hope I have enough free time in the near future to give them a try.
There seems to be a lot more mods that make a new setting for NV and 4 currently.

It's a stuffty move to force people to pre-order the game to test the beta.

yea obviously the game should be obviously free obviously