5 (16.7%)
Not something I'm fond of.
9 (30%)
Literally why?!
8 (26.7%)
OTHER
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: What is BLF's Opinion on "Spirit Week"?  (Read 1660 times)

It happened at my high school twice a year and once in college. And a few weeks ago, it was a thing that happened in my company.

Imo it just makes me feel uncomfortable, and especially in a corporate setting..... why?

What are your opinions on it?

I guess enough people like it enough to bring it to a work setting

the concept sounds better when its happening in school

I left my high school to do online (my counselor basically forgeted me over and i had to take things into my own hands)

the school just now started to do more fun stuff and it's like wtf really guys after I leave............like they had spirit week twice a quarter this year

in a work setting though? I mean sounds fun but i guess it depends on the type of work setting tbh

I loved it in high school. It was technically our homecoming week but it was always a lot of fun. We’ve never really had/needed one at OU because our sports are always good. I understand in a work setting it might be a little strange, but the best thing on things like this is to try to embrace it and have fun. You get what what you put into it

Guess I'm a Grinch then lol

blf should have a spirit week

not caring is the strongest opinion I can muster against it. if someone thinks it's fun, whatever. doesnt bother me any.

the exception is if it's mandatory, but I don't think that's the situation here.

In the schools I went to you had to pay for Spirit Week so I never bothered with it.

you fools don't understand theres nothing stopping you from wearing pajamas every day at school

you fools don't understand theres nothing stopping you from wearing pajamas every day at school
This reminds me of a story. In high school we had a German exchange student named Nora, she was hot as forget but that's beside the point. She saw a student wearing their pajama pants in school and was totally flabbergasted and asked me wtf was wrong with him. I told her how some students will just wear their pajamas if they're being lazy that day or whatever. Apparently in Germany doing that would be a huge insult to the school and they might be sent home for it. neat cultural differences.

spirit week was stupid and mostly only teachers did it.

This reminds me of a story. In high school we had a German exchange student named Nora, she was hot as forget but that's beside the point. She saw a student wearing their pajama pants in school and was totally flabbergasted and asked me wtf was wrong with him. I told her how some students will just wear their pajamas if they're being lazy that day or whatever. Apparently in Germany doing that would be a huge insult to the school and they might be sent home for it. neat cultural differences.
the goy in the striped pajamas

i didnt know there was a specific week for enjoying spirits, i thought it was frowned upon to get wasted at school or work tho?