[INT. NEWS] Alfie Evans dead

Author Topic: [INT. NEWS] Alfie Evans dead  (Read 10459 times)

why is no one talking about this

Quote from: Sources
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/alfie-evans-why-breath-own-life-support-remove-palliative-care-a8320256.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-43876559

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4312535/alfie-evans-parents-tom-evans-katie-james-alder-hey-hospital/

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/698214/alfie-evans-latest-news-high-court-alder-hey-italy-decision-updates

https://www.savealfieevans.com/aboutme/

Alfie Evans is a baby in the UK that was born in May 2016
he has been admitted to the hospital for an illness and was put in life support

here's where things get forgety
the hospital he was at, Alder Hey, figured that his condition was inoperable and decided that they were going to take him off life support, against the parents' wishes
there is a hospital in Italy willing to operate on him but Alder Hey is forbidding the child to go and they've just taken him off life support
he's still alive but I'm not sure for how long

this is really ramping up
the hospital has appealed to the courts to take Alfie off of life support for like the third time
Italy is also getting really involved
they've landed an air ambulance in the UK that is prepared to take the baby to Italy to be operated on and the Italian embassy has spoken with the dad and if Alfie dies because the hospital took him off of life support they are ready to accuse the UK of murder

forgetin' /discuss

EDIT: welp he's dead
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 10:37:56 PM by Tactical Nuke »

Since the medical care is paid for by the government they also have the right to remove life support at any time since it is their own service. In the united states its different because you'll be paying directly for the life support so the surrogate/patient has a say in whether or not they want to be taken off life support

Its good that Italy is offering an air ambulance, but the UK or the hospital is not responsible for 'murder' since life support is a pretty expensive machine that the hospital is basically paying for out of their own money.

Since the medical care is paid for by the government they also have the right to remove life support at any time since it is their own service. In the united states its different because you'll be paying directly for the life support so the surrogate/patient has a say in whether or not they want to be taken off life support

what a great system

what a great system
yeah its the same system that put alfie on life support in the first place. if it were the US's system the parents probably would've had to pay a couple ten grand every month

both systems suck. the only true answer to a viable medicare system is to not be born with any defects at all.

This kid will probably grow up to be a saint, no doubt about it.

From what I'm aware of he has pretty bad brain damage so could never be much of a person at all.

both systems suck. the only true answer to a viable medicare system is to not be born with any defects at all.
EUgenics when

ngl even if the hospital believes that the kids gonna die and they want to save money thats some greedy stuff if you ask me
From what I'm aware of he has pretty bad brain damage so could never be much of a person at all.
So are people with brain damage just, not allowed to live?

ngl even if the hospital believes that the kids gonna die and they want to save money thats some greedy stuff if you ask me
If the hospital runs out of money they will not be able to pay their workers, or pay for equipment to treat people who have a chance to actually live in society as a functioning human being (you cant function in society as a braindead individual)

the only way to keep all patients on life support indefinitely is to raise taxes immensely for everyone living in the UK, and that's already pretty hard to do. otherwise life support patients are basically a money leak until they are taken off life support

'not allowed' sounds bad. 'incapable' is the actual word

yeah, kinda. if you're brain dead, you're brain dead. there really isnt coming back from that, barring some far off science-fiction turned reality magic medicine.

im not saying that i dont agree with your points phantos but if they hear another hospital can try and operate on him, shouldnt they get the parents to send the boy to that hospital instead and just keep him on life support a little bit longer?
only just saw the breathe on his own part oops
yeah, kinda. if you're brain dead, you're brain dead. there really isnt coming back from that, barring some far off science-fiction turned reality magic medicine.
there is a big difference between brain dead and impairing brain damage you know

im not saying that i dont agree with your points phantos but if they hear another hospital can try and operate on him, shouldnt they get the parents to send the boy to that hospital instead and just keep him on life support a little bit longer?
they granted the boy citizenship so he is able to move to any hospital in the UK but flying abroad is outside the UK's juristiction. they could probably let Italy fly their own air ambulance in but the UK isn't allowed to fly a uk ambulance into Italy for a number of unspecified reasons

Uh, I don't think that I'd want a doctor to choose whether or not he decides to take me off life support, and not my loved ones and family who know me far better. That doesn't sounds moral whatsoever.