Author Topic: yep this account still open  (Read 29480 times)

hey wanna see zero straight up use a wavedash to retreat in the middle of a dash

https://youtu.be/nbETnQkO9W4?t=5m44s
at 5:44

this was in grand finals
wavedashing might have lag now, but it can still be used for faking people out

also here's a fox demonstrating platform wavelanding, which could be used for cool as forget combos
https://youtu.be/_5BQA0LAOpA?t=25s
at 0:25

we got melee tech in smash 5 boys
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:39:29 PM by /dev/sr0 »

i just hope they have some subspace emissary type stuff
or like... good singleplayer/co-op content like any of the old smash games

all those challenges, the 'story' modes, break the targets, race to the finish.

none of this angry birds and mario party bullstuff

oh and like. a reason to do it all. like unlocking stages and characters. because that's part of what kept me and my bro playing stuff like melee

Didn't they mention something about unlocking the characters and how it'll feel like you're recruiting them to your roster? That makes me think there will be some kind of special mode you play where you unlock the characters after fighting them

Maybe something like Classic Mode from Melee if not a full-on story/adventure mode

or like... good singleplayer/co-op content like any of the old smash games

all those challenges, the 'story' modes, break the targets, race to the finish.

none of this angry birds and mario party bullstuff

oh and like. a reason to do it all. like unlocking stages and characters. because that's part of what kept me and my bro playing stuff like melee
Didn't they mention something about unlocking the characters and how it'll feel like you're recruiting them to your roster? That makes me think there will be some kind of special mode you play where you unlock the characters after fighting them

Maybe something like Classic Mode from Melee if not a full-on story/adventure mode
They would never not include Classic Mode. We're 5 smash games in, why would they just cut things that have always been there?
I would love another huge full story mode with cutscenes and stuff though.

As for characters, they said in the E3 presentation that you will start with the original 12 smash bros characters and unlock the rest. There's like 65 characters total.
And considering how unlocking stages has worked in the past, I'm fairly sure that will stay too.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:38:33 AM by /dev/sr0 »

if you're playing smash and you can't even unlock everything the game is not for you

They would never not include Classic Mode. We're 5 smash games in, why would they just cut things that have always been there?
I would love another huge full story mode with cutscenes and stuff though.

As for characters, they said in the E3 presentation that you will start with the original 12 smash bros characters and unlock the rest. There's like 65 characters total.
And considering how unlocking stages has worked in the past, I'm fairly sure that will stay too.
Yea but like, in the older games you had to do certain things to unlock the characters, and it took time and effort for some of them.

If I recall, in 4 all you had to do is play a small number of matches.

Yea but like, in the older games you had to do certain things to unlock the characters, and it took time and effort for some of them.

If I recall, in 4 all you had to do is play a small number of matches.
(unlockable characters in smash for Wii U)

In smash 4, you could unlock characters by completing their challenges or playing the required amount of versus matches.
There's only 8 unlockable characters though. In SSBU there will easily be more than 50.
Considering the amount, they might drop the vs match requirement and just have them unlockable via challenges to make getting the full roster an adventure, but a lot of players just want to get the characters fast due to tournaments and such.

I think a good compromise might be to do unlocks via a Subspace Emissary-like adventure mode, where in order to get the characters on your team, you have to meet them in the story.
That would be awesome, and it would give players a straightforward way to unlock characters.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:08:27 PM by /dev/sr0 »

in the e3 presentation he said that unlocking characters will be more streamlined so it feels like ur constantly getting new fighters, so maybe the requirements will be easy and short but since there's still a lot of characters to unlock it'll still take some time?
i rly do love that touch of only the original characters being unlocked at the start tho lol that'll be fun getting them all

hey wanna see zero straight up use a wavedash to retreat in the middle of a dash

https://youtu.be/nbETnQkO9W4?t=5m44s
at 5:44

this was in grand finals
wavedashing might have lag now, but it can still be used for faking people out

also here's a fox demonstrating platform wavelanding, which could be used for cool as forget combos
https://youtu.be/_5BQA0LAOpA?t=25s
at 0:25

we got melee tech in smash 5 boys

First clip wasn't a wavedash, that was just rolling.

All of the melee players say that while they are there, they haven't found wavedashing very useful due to the landing lag.
Wave land might be useful, but its very laggy aswell.

Only time will tell, but I hope they improve that. They seem willing to listen to competitive players this time around.

Kinda hope they will :cookieMonster:

First clip wasn't a wavedash, that was just rolling.
I've been conned

All of the melee players say that while they are there, they haven't found wavedashing very useful due to the landing lag.
Wave land might be useful, but its very laggy aswell.

Only time will tell, but I hope they improve that. They seem willing to listen to competitive players this time around.

Kinda hope they will :cookieMonster:
IIRC it's got a whole 20 frames of lag while Melee has like 12 or something. (not sure how people found this out with limited access to the game but w/e)
Also since it uses a dodge, it stales out your other dodges.

I imagine it'll be somewhat useful and really cool to see in combos, but not nearly as spammable as it is in Melee.
That kinda makes it better imo.

Also you can do smashes and tilts out of dash anyway, so it would only really be useful for landing immediately on platforms or approaching with reversed moves.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 05:12:19 PM by /dev/sr0 »

IIRC it's got a whole 20 frames of lag while Melee has like 12 or something. (not sure how people found this out with limited access to the game but w/e)
specifically, it's 10 frames in melee/pm. 

I imagine it'll be somewhat useful and really cool to see in combos, but not nearly as spammable as it is in Melee.
That kinda makes it better imo.
it'll be an interesting mixup that basically invalidates the traditional smash 4 50-50 wrt juggles -- e.g.,  rosa's uair strings, or sheik's (prepatch) uair/upb mixup

also cloud is nerfed and presumably bayo will get sakurai'd so that's neat.

i hope the content is fun; both smash tour and classic were a nightmare in 4.

no loving sans so im not buying

i honestly thought classic mode was good in sm4sh. obviously not as good as classic mode pre-sm4sh but good.

smash tour was bad tho and i hope it doesnt return

tbh I liked 3ds classic better than wiiu with the more linear experience instead of second game board tournament with customs. 

on that note smash run was infinitely better than tour

what if they could bring smash run back somehow :o that stuff was fire
maybe it could be split screened, then it'd be even more like city trial!