Renderman In A Bowl (40440) - Raiding servers; Malicious spam/harrassment

Author Topic: Renderman In A Bowl (40440) - Raiding servers; Malicious spam/harrassment  (Read 2244 times)

Renderman In A Bowl (40440)
Raiding servers with malicious URL spam; Glass chat harassment

So I was minding my own business building a space station map on my server, when suddenly I started getting continually spammed with pinging sounds on glass.

I opened Glass to see what the heck was going on, and I saw "lambdatorin" abusing the @mention feature on glass, flooding chat with @mentions toward dozens of people in glass chat chat for no reason, all while swearing allegiance to "the third Reich":

Curious as to who it really was, I went and did a quick forum background check on the "lambdatorin" ID and discovered it was actually Weathernerd/Renderman In A Bowl, impersonating Torin:

Tabbing back into glass chat, I watched as DragonoidSlayer came online a few minutes later and slapped "lambdatorin"/Renderman with a 2-week chatban.

However, that was unfortunately not the end of it. A few minutes later, while I was having a brief conversation with some friends on my server, Renderman joined and proceeded to spam chat with links to a malicious-looking web address (it was allegedly a phishing site used to steal credentials from Roblox users).

Shortly after I removed him from my server, he started spamming the same links to me in DMs on glass, demanding I unban him. I decided to warn everyone else in glass chat about what he had done, but apparently others had already experienced the same thing from him as well; he had been jumping from server to server spamming the shady URL over and over until he got banned, then moved on to the next. We let Dragonoid know and he immediately barred Renderman from Glass for a month.

I know Renderman In A Bowl's been involved in a lot of petty interpersonal discord drama threads before, but I never found him to be particularly problematic ingame, until now.

I did notice though in researching his past dramas that he's displayed similar toxic behavior before, albeit in said private discord channels:
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=308862.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=317260.0

I'm not sure what exactly his motive is for doing all of this, but regardless, I just wanted to warn everyone about what he's been doing. He seems intent on being as malicious and annoying as he can for seemingly no reason.

renderman got his key stolen and torin got his name stolen you idiot

I’ve already contacted badspot about it.

what's his id so I can ban him from my server?

what’s his id so i can ban him from my server

I've banned id 16842 from my server. Thanks for the drama, got this friend banned

renderman got his key stolen and torin got his name stolen you idiot
the legendary double-identity-theft

server my from him ban can i so id his whats

How was your key stolen
he dropped his key on the floor and someone broke into his house and took it

he dropped his key on the floor and someone broke into his house and took it
big brain burglary

How was your key stolen
The thief was wise to the ol' 'key underneath the welcome mat' trick

The thief was wise to the ol' 'key underneath the welcome mat' trick
okay can we talk about this for a second because my mother literally leaves 3 keys under the mat and Ive always wondered if this was a thing people do because if it is can't you just go up to any doormat and loving find the key immediately and break in? what's the point of a lock if you just basically hide the key less than 5 feet away from it

i got spammed with blockland glass dm's from lambdatorin featuring that link
/support