Author Topic: Project Robbery  (Read 4034 times)

https://gamejolt.com/games/project-robbery/369549 < game jolt page

Project Robbery is a work in progress game only being made in blender...
you either rob a place or monitor it as a guard. If you would like to work on the project (i suggest submitting to after pictures are released)
then post previous work in the comments of this topic or in the gamejolt page.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:07:27 PM by keaton »

this looks terrible and I hope you lose motivation and never finish it. Next time you want to introduce your project to people you should show us pictures or describe the actual gameplay like real game pitches do in the industry instead of saying some poorly thought out bullstuff like 'itll have cops and robbers!'

Your only mock up art is two words and some stuffty drawings. Absolutely nobody is at all interested in this project and I'm pretty sure not a single person loving knows what it's about. Do us a favor and either make real viable progress before posting in the Games thread or just lock the topic
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:38:18 PM by thegoodperry »

this looks terrible and I hope you lose motivation and never finish it. Next time you want to introduce your project to people you should show us pictures or describe the actual gameplay like real game pitches do in the industry instead of saying some poorly thought out bullstuff like 'itll have cops and robbers!'

Your only mock up art is two words and some stuffty drawings. Absolutely nobody is at all interested in this project and I'm pretty sure not a single person loving knows what it's about. Do us a favor and either make real viable progress before posting in the Games thread or just lock the topic
well time to release some pictures of it

well time to release some pictures of it
you should've done that first before being prompted to by my criticism

lol i hope you realize how ridiculous you sound from this post
that was 25% constructive criticism and 75% being a richard

you should've done that first before being prompted to by my criticism
more like being prompted by you being a richard

lol i hope you realize how ridiculous you sound from this post
that was 25% constructive criticism and 75% being a richard
you can't give constructive criticism on something that basically doesn't exist. there's absolutely no context behind this project at all, there's nothing given to anyone that hints at all at what you can do or will do in the game besides the vague "you rob banks and monitor them." there's no criticism that can be given on that one sentence alone

its more like 0% constructive criticism and 100% being a richard and i really dont give a forget whether im a richard or not because its a thousand times better and more respectable then entertaining op's half baked lazy game idea for even one second. if he put -any- effort at all into this project it would be reflected in the op with descriptive ideas, mock ups on unique game mechanics and art. none of that is present, so why should anyone here put any effort into trying to support this project at all? "This is all i can tell you: Be a robber or be a cop." isn't creative at all. it isnt even a game idea. it's just a premise for a game, a setting. but the game doesn't exist. therefore there's no reason to treat this like a game at all.

the image he put on gamejolt looks somewhat interesting but it still doesn't display any mechanics about the game other than 'looking through vents' which is basically the 12 year old game designers equivalent of turning your head in a different direction. there's absolutely no context behind how vents will be strategically designed, how they will factor into gameplay besides providing a different line of sight.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 03:24:22 PM by thegoodperry »

You don't have to give him a black or white answer you know, you could always tell him what he could do or maybe even not be a richard

You don't have to give him a black or white answer you know, you could always tell him what he could do or maybe even not be a richard
what he could do is tell us what the forget he's trying to make

"welcome to my project. im making a game where you fight aliens. i havent thought about much yet, but basically you get to shoot aliens. let me know if you want to help!"

i basically just recreated what op did with the same lack of effort in less than 30 seconds. as i said, if you aren't going to bother putting -any- effort into your project at all why would you expect serious constructive criticism on it, much less people willing to help you work on said project
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 03:26:25 PM by thegoodperry »

you can't give constructive criticism on something that basically doesn't exist. there's absolutely no context behind this project at all, there's nothing given to anyone that hints at all at what you can do or will do in the game besides the vague "you rob banks and monitor them." there's no criticism that can be given on that one sentence alone

its more like 0% constructive criticism and 100% being a richard and i really dont give a forget whether im a richard or not because its a thousand times better and more respectable then entertaining op's half baked lazy game idea for even one second. if he put -any- effort at all into this project it would be reflected in the op with descriptive ideas, mock ups on unique game mechanics and art. none of that is present, so why should anyone here put any effort into trying to support this project at all?
Basically "you can't give constructive criticism on something that basically doesn't exist." is not true, you know why? Because if this doesn't exist I wouldn't make a topic about it... games take years to create son.

what he could do is tell us what the forget he's trying to make

dumbass its a robbery simulator

Basically "you can't give constructive criticism on something that basically doesn't exist." is not true, you know why? Because if this doesn't exist I wouldn't make a topic about it... games take years to create son.
then loving make a post about it once you have an actual viable idea with all the mechanics outlined and exactly what you want out of the game. make the loving post when you have a minimum viable product that gets your game's main idea across to people. it doesn't take years, it takes maybe a month or two, and once you show people you actually know what you're doing than they'll actually take your project loving seriously

dumbass its a robbery simulator
capture the flag is a robbery simulator. how is your 'project robbery' different from the vague loving superclass of actions that fall into the category of 'robbery'? how is your game different from jailbreak? how is it different from cops and robbers? what the hell is it? what do you do? how do you do it? why is there any reason anyone should care about your game?

these are all questions you haven't actually answered yet. you've just thrown this really vague abstraction of 'you rob a bank' which could mean anything from watching a video where people rob a bank, to robbing the bank from the perspective of a robber, from building the bank and designing it so it is robbery proof, to loving planning the entire heist. none of this at all is clear. you haven't clarified anything in your post besides saying you get to play as a cop or robber, and you haven't told anyone what you do.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 03:32:27 PM by thegoodperry »