Author Topic: Borderlands 3 Badass-thread [Gameplay reveal live now] [September 13th]  (Read 7408 times)

you sound like you just used a Norfleet and DPUH and called it a day. Claiming there isn't much diversity in the legendary guns and character classes is why I think you have not played the game. The only class that doesn't have diversity is Gaige as she is limited to only Anarchy builds.

You also sound like you have never attempted a raid boss before which really makes sense as to why you claim the weapons arent different and are just a 'slight stat buff'. Are you even aware of weapon passives in this game?

You are also talking about XP gain? I haven't gained XP in the past 100 hours. You realize this games real meat is at the lv 72 cap AKA UVHM and OP-lvs?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 05:03:41 AM by sleep »

you sound like you just used a Norfleet and DPUH and called it a day. Claiming there isn't much diversity in the legendary guns and character classes is why I think you have not played the game. The only class that doesn't have diversity is Gaige as she is limited to only Anarchy builds.
i literally pick up any loving gun that is objectively better than what im holding. ive never actually used any legendary guns because they are only viable for 2-3 levels and then i end up finding a white or green gun that is better than it because of the way the meaningless level system works. characters aren't diverse it all. they only have one skill tree that focuses on their actual skills which are already pretty lackluster anyways. like wow. turrets. dual wielding. stealth melee distraction invisiblity whatever. if they spent their budget and energy focusing on the character skills more than the randomly generating guns which are all practically the same then the game would be infinitely better. like seriously. if they took every gun manufacturer and gave them just 2-3 guns per manufacturer in the entire game but expanded on the skill trees in a way that they were actually part of the gameplay every second rather than on some minute long cooldown then i'd have at least 500 more hours.

You also sound like you have never attempted a raid boss before which really makes sense as to why you claim the weapons arent different and are just a 'slight stat buff'. Are you even aware of weapon passives in this game?
i remember killing like two or three of the invincible forgeters and having it stuff out like thousands of loot items and eridium and me only picking up like 1 or 2 things because the rest were either 2 levels above me or were actually worse than my current gear. ive seen a few legendaries that sounded interesting but when i used them it seemed like whoever designed it basically slapped a bunch of loving passive features on it and hoped they'd work together and they provided absolutely no benefit.

You are also talking about XP gain? I haven't gained XP in the past 100 hours. You realize this games real meat is at the lv 72 cap AKA UVHM and OP-lvs?
it gets more fun as you level up because you end up picking up less items and therefore you spend less time halting your entire gameplay loop just to browse the 10-15 useless rainbow colored items that loving spew all over the place when you pop some starfish's head off. its a shame too that the game's peak is 150 hours in. like a good game should be designed so its fun and engaging from start to finish rather than being boring 50 hours in and then getting slightly less boring from then on

Im going to repeat my previous post and say that it is (now even more) crystal clear you don't know enough about this game to hold so many and such strong opinions and even exaggerate massively (150 hours, really?) and I'm not engaging with you again about this game, idk what is up with you.

Im going to repeat my previous post and say that it is (now even more) crystal clear you don't know enough about this game to hold so many and such strong opinions and even exaggerate massively (150 hours, really?) and I'm not engaging with you again about this game, idk what is up with you.
i don't know where you're getting all this depth from but it certainly wasn't there when i played it. maybe you'd care to elaborate on these super special and unique nuances i've never once come across in my two full completions of the game

150 hours, really?
it took me like 40 hours to reach level 50 i've never made it as far as 72 because i've never given enough stuffs about a meaningless number in my life but i'd say 50-80 hours is a reasonable approximation. but it sounds to me like the fun doesn't loving end there for you so you might as well spent another 60 hours just doing richardall at the level cap

you don't know enough about this game
wow im really sorry i didn't take the time to memorize the massively unique and contrasted borderlands 2 legendary weapon flash cards that make no significant difference in how you look at enemies and press your left mouse button. i can't imagine how tough your final must've been to earn your diploma in borderlands 2 legendary weapon passive stats. must've been hitting the books day and night, studying the subtle yet crucial differences between guns that give you +200% aim when zoomed and slag your enemies and guns that also give you +200% aim and also slag your enemies but happen to explode on impact and has some red text that a gearbox software employee probably randomly generated

like lets be real here. i may not know every single legendary carrot you find at level 72 by heart like you do but i know enough to conclude that there really loving isn't a significant mechanical difference between any of the legendary guns at all. so loving what if your rocket launcher explodes into 20 tiny acid grenades? how is that loving different from a rocket launcher with a big radius? how is your burst fire slag gun different from your slag sniper? how is your rapidfire jakobs revolver that lights enemies on fire loving different from your rapidfire jakobs rifle that also lights enemies on fire? the simple answer is that there is no difference. between any of these loving guns. they all kill enemies at roughly the same speed, highly effective vs flesh or highly effective vs armor or highly effective vs shields, its all the same

oh but i guess it has a talking gun or two so most unique loving gun arsenal of any game ever
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 06:27:19 AM by PhantOS »

it took me like 40 hours to reach level 50 i've never made it as far as 72 because i've never given enough stuffs about a meaningless number in my life but i'd say 50-80 hours is a reasonable approximation.
Now I just think you're handicapped, these numbers are asinine and you not giving a forget to reach beyond lv 50 but write this amount of stuff about the game makes your opinions on it a joke, stop posting here

Games so loving bland and repetitive that I couldn't beat it.

Borderlands is the only game in the world that can tell me it has 1 billion loving guns and I'll believe them knowing damn well that every single one of those guns is going to be boring and unfun to use

Going to get surgery to re-attach my richard, the resulting erection from watching this trailer made it pop right off like a blood fueled rocket

if you like borderlands you probably like anthem and destiny and warframe so by proxy your opinions are automatically invalidated. anyone who enjoys looter shooters are literally insane. and by literally i mean literally. you literally enjoy doing the same thing over and over again with absolutely no change in between

borderlands loving sucks. you can't put a quirky unique story over a repetitive boring game loop. you either make the former and release tales from the borderlands, an actually good game, or you make the latter and release anthem/destiny/gamewith3000000differentgunsthatareallvirtuallythesameinfunction or whatever counts as a good shooter these days
>Some of the top purchased XBOX games of all time, 10/10 ratings on Steam, overwhelmingly positive reviews

"it's a bad game bro".

i don't know where you're getting all this depth from but it certainly wasn't there when i played it. maybe you'd care to elaborate on these super special and unique nuances i've never once come across in my two full completions of the game
it took me like 40 hours to reach level 50 i've never made it as far as 72 because i've never given enough stuffs about a meaningless number in my life but i'd say 50-80 hours is a reasonable approximation. but it sounds to me like the fun doesn't loving end there for you so you might as well spent another 60 hours just doing richardall at the level cap
wow im really sorry i didn't take the time to memorize the massively unique and contrasted borderlands 2 legendary weapon flash cards that make no significant difference in how you look at enemies and press your left mouse button. i can't imagine how tough your final must've been to earn your diploma in borderlands 2 legendary weapon passive stats. must've been hitting the books day and night, studying the subtle yet crucial differences between guns that give you +200% aim when zoomed and slag your enemies and guns that also give you +200% aim and also slag your enemies but happen to explode on impact and has some red text that a gearbox software employee probably randomly generated

like lets be real here. i may not know every single legendary carrot you find at level 72 by heart like you do but i know enough to conclude that there really loving isn't a significant mechanical difference between any of the legendary guns at all. so loving what if your rocket launcher explodes into 20 tiny acid grenades? how is that loving different from a rocket launcher with a big radius? how is your burst fire slag gun different from your slag sniper? how is your rapidfire jakobs revolver that lights enemies on fire loving different from your rapidfire jakobs rifle that also lights enemies on fire? the simple answer is that there is no difference. between any of these loving guns. they all kill enemies at roughly the same speed, highly effective vs flesh or highly effective vs armor or highly effective vs shields, its all the same

oh but i guess it has a talking gun or two so most unique loving gun arsenal of any game ever
Jakobs weapons aren't elemental. A burst weapon fire weapon is different from a sniper in the sense that a sniper is for long range engagements and landing critical hits for large amounts of burst damage. A rocket launcher that bursts into mini acid grenades would shred armored enemies/hyperion, a rocket launcher would be good for enemies who aren't armored. The fact I need to explain this to you tells me you didn't play this game or are being stupid on purpose. The fact you don't see a difference between varying legendaries tells me you didn't play the game as well, because they're all different.

And if you did play the game, you're seriously complaining about getting 150 hours out of it? And you paid what, at most 60 dollars for it? If a game doesn't entertain you for the rest of your life it's a bad game huh? I don't know about you but if I didn't like a game I would not spend that much time playing it. Maybe you're a masochist or something.

If you hate a game you need to stop playing it, not go tell everyone who likes the game they're handicapped and criticize the game in fundamentally wrong ways. You sound like a prick.

he didnt even know every flavor text means unique passive just let him huff and puff

overwhelmingly positive reviews

means absolutely nothing. Emily Is Away Too also has 94% positive reviews. I don't know if you've ever been on the steam forums but none of these people's brains function at average capacity, they're one massive botnet that mirrors the conclusions of whatever highly influential 'gaming journalism' groups churn out, and we all know game journalists don't know anything about games, they're quite literally just mouthpieces for either the highest bidder or mainstream public opinion

if you look up real life reviews made by real life people, they all have the same criticisms. Borderland's gun play is incredibly poorly designed, but simultaneously it's biggest selling point, because the vast majority of consumers think that the more there is of something the better it is. hence 1 billion guns with the same stuffty shallow mechanics. there's absolutely no point in having all these crazy classes of guns and 15 levels of loot rarity and a thousand randomized stats if at the end of the day they all feel the same, look the same, sound the same, and do the same stuff: mediocre damage to bullet-sponge enemies. he's allowed to point that out

this is the inherent problem with procedural generation. having a small set of meticulously studied and well designed objects will always beat having thousands upon thousands of objects with attributes that are randomly generated by a computer within a limited set of boundaries. i'm sure there's a middle ground somewhere here that has the benefits of both theories but "one billion gunz!!!" is almost certainly the wrong direction. like, doesn't that stuff sound familiar? maybe "18 quintillion planetz!!!" rings a bell? reminder that there are 52,000 ways to customize a pipe pistol in fallout 4 lol

not go tell everyone who likes the game they're handicapped

you are like, the least qualified person to say this lmfao

You guys are ragging on the billions of guns thing like the selling point is that they're all viable or unique or something, when in reality the whole thing is just "forget YEAH, LOOT BABY"

You ever play Diablo? How many of those weapons do you completely disregard? That's not the point of it at all, lol, its not Counterstrike fam not every gun is going to good, or even worth looking at, that's just the nature of it, and if that's your criticism sure, but its very nitpicky