let's discuss Alabama's new abortion bill

Author Topic: let's discuss Alabama's new abortion bill  (Read 12562 times)

Adoption.
Adoption doesn't solve any of these issues and just puts an unwanted child into the USA's stuffty foster care.

Adoption doesn't solve any of these issues and just puts an unwanted child into the USA's stuffty foster care.
Basically abortion is the freedom to liberate children from bad lives.

Okay

Basically abortion is the freedom to liberate children from bad lives.

Okay
yeah basically. you're killing the fetus before it's even sentient or has a grasp on mortality

does anyone see the further irony that my post was ignored

this forum is littered with idiot social rejects. explain yourself

It’s an extremely complicated issue but in my mind the utilitarian(in this case best) solution is for organizations like planned parenthood to make their focus less on abortions and more on preventing pregnancy in the first place
i agree with this. you cant and/or wouldn't want to abort an unwanted baby if there isn't an unwanted baby to begin with

i think severe issues such as things like related health problems, loveual assault, or anything where a woman is impregnated off guard and without consent is a case worth allowing, but i don't think that, due to the severity of the issue, anyone anywhere should just be able to abort a baby simply because "they dont want it" or "im not ready for a baby right now". i feel like these are the kind of instances where if you have the chance to be safe, then you should have been safe.

funny terrible story: in another hedonistic life of mine i ended up with a girl for a night. she was very beautiful and when we had love i did not protect myself because....... well. she was beautiful and i didnt want to. we had our fun, and after the next morning we went our separate ways. we hung out a couple times after that, but we never did anything like that with each other again.

one night she messages me telling me she missed her period. i wasn't really worried because theres a number of different reasons girls miss their periods and in this hyperhookup culture we live in now, i don't believe i was the only guy she had slept with since me and her did. from there it escalated into her dropping all these stuffty hints that i had impregnated her and that she was keeping it and i was going to be a dad. she wouldn't just tell me out right, she'd do stuff like take a picture of a hat that said "DAD" on it, and then send it to me with a caption that went along the lines of "dis gon be you"

naturally i was stuffting myself over the idea that my life is basically ruined because of this. everything i wanted to do, everything i was going to do, everything i was already doing, is basically going to come to a stand still halt because now i have a family to take care of. i seriously considered asking her if she'd be down to abort it, but something inside of me just told me thats fundamentally wrong because i forgeted it up. i could have worn a condom but i didnt. she also could have been on birth control (and probably was just didnt tell me) but i was under the impression she wasn't and that if i tried anything outside of "just accepting it" she'd fire back by making rape accusations or do something drastic that would ruin my life for real. because of that, i was prepared to hang up everything for this kid. i was digging the idea of it too. i was not excited the baby would be born to some wench of a mother who, chances are, wouldn't have cared about it at all, but half of its being was from me and i know im awesome so i know this kid would at least be half as awesome too.

the reason i thought that she'd do some stuff like that was because shes just obviously one of "those" girls. questionable self esteem, doesnt really think for herself, doesn't seem to care about anyone or anything important, was just cute as can be, and honestly this whole pregnancy thing just isn't adding up. even while being half asleep at the time i knew better than to do some nonsense like unloading inside her. turns out my suspicion was rightfully placed cause she was faking the whole time. she was just pissed off at me because i left leftovers in her car one night and she didnt notice for like 3 days and apparently it made a big mess.

so she faked being pregnant to get back at me. as forgeted up as it was at the time, and as devastated as i was, i did really start to like the idea of having a kid. i was not excited about sharing that kind of life with a girl who i just knew would not put in any effort at all.. but the idea of having a little me running around to take care of and carry on my epic legacy is something that is still stuck with me. i dont share the same "everything goes" mindset i had two yrs ago.

what im getting at is: maybe i wish everyone shared that mentality. the idea that "i forgeted up, so i should have to carry that weight for the betterment of the life i helped create". not "i forgeted up, so let me use my get out of jail free card to dodge responsibility" as i feel is the main mentality people have with abortion. it feels right that its treated as an absolute last resort. not as "the thing" to do when you don't want to bare your kid anymore. it just doesn't feel right to kill a kid because you dont want it anymore.

and maybe thats why im also a little iffy on "its my body, its my choice". i fully agree women should have the right to make a choice, but it feels like people are ignoring the fact men have to inject their seed to make a baby. babies are totally a team effort and both men and women should have a say in what happens to their baby. i know that the logic of that saying largely applies to women who have been raped and there isn't a guy there to make a choice so in that regard it should be the womans choice what happens to her, but no one is even acknowledging men in the matter. yknow, cause men are evil and all.

but i will say, cause i was watching an interview where a guy admitted to letting this happen, if you're a guy that would allow your wife to abort your kid purely because "she wants to" then by all means i do consider you weak and i laugh at you. that or you're forgeted up

NAH NAH, the thing to do to combat abortion is actually being perfectly exemplified by the love strike. i think a little abstinence could do these youngsters some good

idk what do you think am i bad person? i want women to have rights cause those are such good words to say and hear and because it sounds fair but making mistakes and learning from them is also a fundamental part of human development and needs to be able to flourish. especially when comes to something as vital as human life. if you didnt want the kid to live a bad life, dont get pregnant  :cookieMonster:

yeah basically. you're killing the fetus before it's even sentient or has a grasp on mortality
Well technically children aren't sentient till around 2 or 3 if we go based on memory, sooo...

Anakin did nothing wrong.

Most mental people can't grasp mortality but they're still around

Because it contained nothing of substance as usual. Go back on hiatus

this forum is littered with idiot social rejects. explain yourself

i agree with this. you cant and/or wouldn't want to abort an unwanted baby if there isn't an unwanted baby to begin with

i think severe issues such as things like related health problems, loveual assault, or anything where a woman is impregnated off guard and without consent is a case worth allowing, but i don't think that, due to the severity of the issue, anyone anywhere should just be able to abort a baby simply because "they dont want it" or "im not ready for a baby right now". i feel like these are the kind of instances where if you have the chance to be safe, then you should have been safe.

funny terrible story: in another hedonistic life of mine i ended up with a girl for a night. she was very beautiful and when we had love i did not protect myself because....... well. she was beautiful and i didnt want to. we had our fun, and after the next morning we went our separate ways. we hung out a couple times after that, but we never did anything like that with each other again.

one night she messages me telling me she missed her period. i wasn't really worried because theres a number of different reasons girls miss their periods and in this hyperhookup culture we live in now, i don't believe i was the only guy she had slept with since me and her did. from there it escalated into her dropping all these stuffty hints that i had impregnated her and that she was keeping it and i was going to be a dad. she wouldn't just tell me out right, she'd do stuff like take a picture of a hat that said "DAD" on it, and then send it to me with a caption that went along the lines of "dis gon be you"

naturally i was stuffting myself over the idea that my life is basically ruined because of this. everything i wanted to do, everything i was going to do, everything i was already doing, is basically going to come to a stand still halt because now i have a family to take care of. i seriously considered asking her if she'd be down to abort it, but something inside of me just told me thats fundamentally wrong because i forgeted it up. i could have worn a condom but i didnt. she also could have been on birth control (and probably was just didnt tell me) but i was under the impression she wasn't and that if i tried anything outside of "just accepting it" she'd fire back by making rape accusations or do something drastic that would ruin my life for real. because of that, i was prepared to hang up everything for this kid. i was digging the idea of it too. i was not excited the baby would be born to some wench of a mother who, chances are, wouldn't have cared about it at all, but half of its being was from me and i know im awesome so i know this kid would at least be half as awesome too.

the reason i thought that she'd do some stuff like that was because shes just obviously one of "those" girls. questionable self esteem, doesnt really think for herself, doesn't seem to care about anyone or anything important, was just cute as can be, and honestly this whole pregnancy thing just isn't adding up. even while being half asleep at the time i knew better than to do some nonsense like unloading inside her. turns out my suspicion was rightfully placed cause she was faking the whole time. she was just pissed off at me because i left leftovers in her car one night and she didnt notice for like 3 days and apparently it made a big mess.

so she faked being pregnant to get back at me. as forgeted up as it was at the time, and as devastated as i was, i did really start to like the idea of having a kid. i was not excited about sharing that kind of life with a girl who i just knew would not put in any effort at all.. but the idea of having a little me running around to take care of and carry on my epic legacy is something that is still stuck with me. i dont share the same "everything goes" mindset i had two yrs ago.

what im getting at is: maybe i wish everyone shared that mentality. the idea that "i forgeted up, so i should have to carry that weight for the betterment of the life i helped create". not "i forgeted up, so let me use my get out of jail free card to dodge responsibility" as i feel is the main mentality people have with abortion. it feels right that its treated as an absolute last resort. not as "the thing" to do when you don't want to bare your kid anymore. it just doesn't feel right to kill a kid because you dont want it anymore.

and maybe thats why im also a little iffy on "its my body, its my choice". i fully agree women should have the right to make a choice, but it feels like people are ignoring the fact men have to inject their seed to make a baby. babies are totally a team effort and both men and women should have a say in what happens to their baby. i know that the logic of that saying largely applies to women who have been raped and there isn't a guy there to make a choice so in that regard it should be the womans choice what happens to her, but no one is even acknowledging men in the matter. yknow, cause men are evil and all.

but i will say, cause i was watching an interview where a guy admitted to letting this happen, if you're a guy that would allow your wife to abort your kid purely because "she wants to" then by all means i do consider you weak and i laugh at you. that or you're forgeted up

NAH NAH, the thing to do to combat abortion is actually being perfectly exemplified by the love strike. i think a little abstinence could do these youngsters some good

idk what do you think am i bad person? i want women to have rights cause those are such good words to say and hear and because it sounds fair but making mistakes and learning from them is also a fundamental part of human development and needs to be able to flourish. especially when comes to something as vital as human life. if you didnt want the kid to live a bad life, dont get pregnant  :cookieMonster:
Agreed

Well technically children aren't sentient till around 2 or 3 if we go based on memory, sooo...

Anakin did nothing wrong.
uhhhhh.... theres definitely people out there with memories from that young.

uhhhhh.... theres definitely people out there with memories from that young.
you dont have vivid flashbacks and night terrors of the memory of sliding out of your moms vagina?

who are you